Author Topic: Obama administration urges veterans to sign up for Obamacare  (Read 1337 times)

Offline flowers

Obama administration urges veterans to sign up for Obamacare
« on: March 24, 2014, 07:19:04 pm »
http://washingtonexaminer.com/obama-administration-urges-veterans-to-sign-up-for-obamacare/article/2546186?custom_click=rss

The Obama administration is encouraging military veterans to sign up for Obamacare as it pulls out all the stops to maximize enrollment ahead of the March 31 deadline.

The Department of Veterans Affairs sent veterans and other Americans in its database a seven-page color brochure titled “The Affordable Care Act: For Veterans Who Need Health Care Coverage,” with a letter dated March 7 that appears addressed to individuals who don't use VA health insurance. The packet urges them to enroll in either VA coverage or Obamacare to ensure that they meet the federal mandate to carry health insurance or pay a fine.

A VA spokesman told the Washington Examiner that the department estimates that up to 1.3 million veterans are uninsured, about 1 million of whom are eligible for VA health care. The spokesman did not dispute that the VA also is seeking to encourage uninsured veterans to consider Obamacare as a health insurance option. The VA is collaborating with other departments on the implementation of Obamacare, the spokesman said.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Re: Obama administration urges veterans to sign up for Obamacare
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 07:22:30 pm »
What part of Tricare does Obama not get? Or did he sign a EO today gutting them of this?
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 07:52:19 pm »
Worm. bleep off.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 08:22:25 pm »
What part of Tricare does Obama not get? Or did he sign a EO today gutting them of this?

Maybe that's why he's trying to cut military benefits - to force vets onto Obamacare

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 08:57:33 pm »
Maybe that's why he's trying to cut military benefits - to force vets onto Obamacare

Bingo.....but not all vets qualify for TRICARE
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

rangerrebew

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 09:37:14 pm »
Has Obama signed up for Obamacare yet? 

Offline flowers

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 10:29:58 pm »
Has Obama signed up for Obamacare yet?
the executive branch and the rest of them are exempt

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 11:08:51 pm »
Bingo.....but not all vets qualify for TRICARE

Tricare is over 20 in with an Honorable, or a combat verteran. But, according to my personal experience, if you are a vet and go to the VA, they will more than likely cover you. This is only one person's experience, but as a vet if you need help, they will do something to help you.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2014, 11:13:44 pm »

Tricare is over 20 in with an Honorable, or a combat verteran. But, according to my personal experience, if you are a vet and go to the VA, they will more than likely cover you. This is only one person's experience, but as a vet if you need help, they will do something to help you.

Most of the VA people will also twist the rules and regs into a pretzel. They are pretty cool.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2014, 11:26:28 pm »

Not sure about *combat vet*.....at least 20 yrs served and families..a MOH awardee and of course all active duty

just checked on the TRICARE site

Eligibility

TRICARE is a health program for:

Uniformed Service membersIncludes active duty and retired members of the:
    U.S. Army,
    U.S. Air Force,
    U.S. Navy,
    U.S. Marine Corps,
    U.S. Coast Guard,
    Commussioned Corps of the U.S. Public Health Service, and
    Commissioned Corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association. and their families,
    National Guard/Reserve membersIncludes members of the:
    Army National Guard,
    Army Reserve,
    Navy Reserve,
    Marine Corps Reserve,
    Air National Guard,
    Air Force Reserve, and
    U.S. Coast Guard Reserve. and their families,
    survivors,
    former spouses,
    Medal of Honor recipients and their families, and
    others registered in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS).
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2014, 01:47:36 am »
Most of the VA people will also twist the rules and regs into a pretzel. They are pretty cool.

Yes. You understood what I was saying.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2014, 04:11:46 am »

Yes. You understood what I was saying.

:patriot: :beer:

Mate of mine from Wyoming blew a valve (heart, not car) after he was invalided out at 14 years service. He'd never been combat, he was a supply sergeant. I know - that is it's own form of combat! The VA looked after him, got him treated (new valve, did a bypass while they were in there, you know what doctors are like when they get you open) did respite care for his wife, who was stressed the bleep out.

I would love to see the paperwork - it'd probably make a monkey laugh.

They are amazing people. Creative paperwork is an obligatory class, it seems! If you have served at all in the US military - hit up the VA. They will do their damnedest to help you out, regardless.

:patriot: :patriot: