Author Topic: 2014 Midterms Heat Up Speculation on GOP Race for House Speaker  (Read 336 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Re: 2014 Midterms Heat Up Speculation on GOP Race for House Speaker
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 10:27:13 AM »
TheHill had an article on this topic. They said that Paul Ryan had the votes to be speaker but said no he wanted a chairmanship.

Thanks for posting this article. It shows that Cantor may not be crowned automatically. That is excellent news!
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 10:40:51 AM »
Jeb Hensarling, Jim Jordan, Tom Price  all excellent choices for speaker. The MSM and dems would have a literal meltdown. It is too good to be true though. I will bet that Cantor negotiates positions for them they can't turn down trumping others in line. Boehner barley made the last vote, he is done put a fork in it. Midterms would be the only thing that stops Cantor from having 'his turn' in line of succession.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline happyg

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 11:07:16 AM »
Jeb Hensarling, Jim Jordan, Tom Price  all excellent choices for speaker. The MSM and dems would have a literal meltdown. It is too good to be true though. I will bet that Cantor negotiates positions for them they can't turn down trumping others in line. Boehner barley made the last vote, he is done put a fork in it. Midterms would be the only thing that stops Cantor from having 'his turn' in line of succession.

I would love to see Jim Jordan as Speaker. He is one of the few honest men in Congress. I had problems with the state some years back, and finally, called his office. It was fixed within a day. He called me back personally on a Sunday to see if my problem was resolved. So far, his actions has proved he is the kind of man I would like see in a leadership position.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 11:27:04 AM »
This article is from Breitbart, an outlier when it comes to being "in the know" on anything. Notice all the speculation in this piece.

If Republicans take the Senate, I'd make a sizable bet that Boehner returns as Speaker and would win. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 11:43:26 AM »
This article is from Breitbart, an outlier when it comes to being "in the know" on anything. Notice all the speculation in this piece.

If Republicans take the Senate, I'd make a sizable bet that Boehner returns as Speaker and would win.

It's quite funny you posted to this thread. I was just going to post that the GOP establishment diehards could not possibly claim that the three the article mentions (outside of Cantor) -to possibly take the speaker seat- were nobodies, or inexperienced tea party members. They are very astute, respected members.

If I were you I would not make any sizable bet because TheHill and others news organizations have all been speculating this. They all seem to agree on one thing. Protocol and basic politics would not have Boehner admitting he was retiring because they would not make themselves the weak lame-duck. TheHill and other news sources put out these very same names as insider possibilities to have the votes. Now Paul Ryan is excluded- is the only change. So dissing Breitbart does not allow you any credibility of your bet.

Offline happyg

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 11:48:19 AM »

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 12:00:34 PM »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf