Author Topic: Egyptian court sentences 529 Muslim Brotherhood members to death: lawyer  (Read 603 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Via Yahoo: http://news.yahoo.com/egyptian-court-sentences-529-muslim-brotherhood-members-death-081004321.html

CAIRO (Reuters) - An Egyptian court sentenced 529 members of the outlawed Muslim Brotherhood to death on Monday on charges including murder, a defense lawyer said, in a sharp escalation of a crackdown on the movement.

Most were arrested during clashes which erupted in the southern province of Minya after the forced dispersal of two Muslim Brotherhood protest camps in Cairo on August 14.

Political turmoil has deepened in Egypt since the army overthrew President Mohamed Mursi of the Muslim Brotherhood last July. Security forces have killed hundreds of Brotherhood members in the street, and arrested thousands of others.

"The court has decided to sentence to death 529 defendants, and 16 were acquitted," lawyer Ahmed al-Sharif told Reuters. The ruling can be appealed.

The charges against the group, on trial in Minya since Saturday, include violence, inciting murder, storming a police station, attacking persons and damaging public and private property.

Only 123 of the defendants were present. The rest were either released, out on bail or on the run.

More at link. The bolded bit gave me a small chuckle.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

rangerrebew

Maybe Obama will grant them "refugee" status and bring them to the states - if he can convince the Egyptians to do so. :3:

Online kevindavis007

Bravo...
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline happyg

Egypt court sentences 529 Morsi supporters to death
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 10:38:49 pm »

This is how you deal with terrorists.
 Check it out:

A court in Egypt sentenced to death 529 supporters of ousted Islamist President Mohammed Morsi on charges of murdering a policeman and attacking police, convicting them after only two sessions in one of the largest mass trials in the country in decades.

The verdicts are subject to appeal and would likely be overturned, rights lawyers said. But they said the swiftness and harshness of the rulings on such a large scale underlined the extent to which Egypt’s courts have been politicized and due process has been ignored amid a sweeping crackdown on Morsi’s Muslim Brotherhood supporters since the military removed the president last summer.

The first of the trial’s two sessions in a court in the city of Minya, south of Cairo, saw furious arguments as the judge angrily rejected requests by defense lawyers for more time to let them review the trial documents for the hundreds of defendants. In Monday’s session when the verdicts and sentences were read, security forces barred defense lawyers from attending, one of the lawyers, Yasser Zidan, told The Associated Press.

Continue Reading on www.foxnews.com ...

Read more at http://conservativebyte.com/2014/03/egypt-court-sentences-529-morsi-supporters-death/#jww5SZof5V60IwGi.99

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Egypt court sentences 529 Morsi supporters to death
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 10:51:45 pm »
That will take care of the last Obama supporters left in Egypt.

Obama seems obsessed with gays Uganda, I wonder if he is going to involve himself in this. Seems to me he would at least try to save some of his Muslim Brotherhood pals. If nothing else, I'm sure he would have no problem granting them all asylum and giving them all government jobs.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.