Author Topic: Carter Blames Catholic, Southern Baptist Churches for Abuse of Women Around the World  (Read 1072 times)

Offline sinkspur

Carter Blames Catholic, Southern Baptist Churches For Abuse of Women Around World

By Mark Finkelstein | March 24, 2014 | 09:15

Jimmy Carter has blamed the Catholic and Southern Baptist churches for the abuse of women around the world. According to Carter, men around the world use the doctrine of those churches on the role of women as justification for abusing women.

Appearing on today's Morning Joe, the former president said: "with the writing of St. Paul, you can selectively take verses out of the Bible and you can justify women not being able to be priests and so forth, so the Catholic church and the Southern Baptist Convention and others quite often say well women are not qualified to have an equal role in the service of God as men. And of course men all over the world take this as kind of a proof they can abuse their wives or pay less pay, you know?" 

Carter's claim is as absurd as it is vile.  Rather than examing Islam's views on women, for example, Carter seems to suggest Muslims and others around the world look to the views of the Catholic and Southern Baptist churches.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2014/03/24/carter-blames-catholic-southern-baptist-churches-abuse-women-aroun#ixzz2wt6puDFg
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Stupid demented old bastard who never met a tyrant he didn't suck up to.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online mountaineer

This demented old fool has been in bed with Islamic terrorists for how many decades now, and yet he refuses to see what's right in front of his face.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
For once, I wold like to see a non-edited interview with this man, explaining how he manages to omit Islam in the subject of women abuse.

Attention grabbing headline aside...............
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

Christianity has elevated women far above other religions because of the teaching and example of Jesus Christ.

Jimmy Carter is SUPPOSED to be a Christian.

Shame on him for not knowing better.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online mountaineer

For once, I wold like to see a non-edited interview with this man, explaining how he manages to omit Islam in the subject of women abuse.
A fairly common practice among Democrats, it seems.

Offline happyg

Attention grabbing headline aside...............

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/371482/why-rand-paul-matters-kevin-d-williamson

And then this, from Daily Kos, no less: President Carter Penning New Book - Believes Atheist Countries Treat Women Better (Videos)

"I am convinced that discrimination against women and girls is one of the world'€™s most serious, all-pervasive and largely ignored violations of basic human rights,€" Mr. Carter, 88, wrote in the his book proposal, adding: "It is disturbing to realize that women are treated most equally in some countries that are atheistic or where governments are strictly separated from religion."€ ~ Jimmy Carter, 39th President of the United States

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-JcpNBiRcM&feature=player_embedded

"The elders are a group of distinguished leaders from around the world geographically, and we include in our group, people who are Muslim, Hindus, Protestant of the Catholic and Protestant faith. We've spent a year or two trying to analyze the basic causes of violations of women's rights, and one of the conclusions we have reached is that it's the practice of religion that is the basic cause of the foundation of excuse for the other abuses; where women are deprived of an equal right to serve God. And where they are treated as subordinates or inferiorpeople. And this example set by religions leaders gives an excuse to other dominant males to persecute, or abuse, or deprive women of their justifiable rights. This is a question that has never been publicly discussed before, and the Elders help this will arouse and interest in the world in trying to seek corrections made to religions themselves to set an example for full rights for all women."

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/09/19/1239894/-Jimmy-Carter-To-Pen-Book-On-Global-Abuse-Of-Women-And-Religion-s-Negative-Impact-Videos#

Offline Rivergirl

Some years ago bubba and the peanut man tried to start their very own southern Baptist cult.   Don't think it got very far.

Suddenly jimmy has a megaphone to spew his treacherous ideas.

Offline happyg

Some years ago bubba and the peanut man tried to start their very own southern Baptist cult.   Don't think it got very far.

Suddenly jimmy has a megaphone to spew his treacherous ideas.

Jimmah is interpreting to the Bible according to his beliefs, so typical of liberals. The Bible honors women, but today's women don't want that kind of honor. As much as I deplore men who abandon their children, it is women who brought that kind of lifestyle upon themselves. They are the main culprits in the degradation of the American culture. Men were happy to oblige them their folly.

Online kevindavis007

A lot of lies but does not critize Islam towards women.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Jimmy Carter is SUPPOSED to be a Christian.

Shame on him for not knowing better.

No, my Lady. Shame on him for not being a man.

Protecting women is bone deep. The only deeper thing is protecting children.

He's scum.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Jimmah is interpreting to the Bible according to his beliefs, so typical of liberals. The Bible honors women, but today's women don't want that kind of honor. As much as I deplore men who abandon their children, it is women who brought that kind of lifestyle upon themselves. They are the main culprits in the degradation of the American culture. Men were happy to oblige them their folly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDNSG1Kub8U

Jimmy Caataah is a fool of the highest order. And he loves Muslims for whatever monitary or psychological reason. Just like with the vast majority on the Left, you will never hear him utter a negative word against Islam, even though Islam is blowing up, beheading, and chopping people up world-wide.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline musiclady

No, my Lady. Shame on him for not being a man.

Protecting women is bone deep. The only deeper thing is protecting children.

He's scum.

One shame does not preclude the other.

And yes, he IS scum.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Millee

Wonder if Jimmeh would prefer Amy to live under Sharia law or in a Christian nation??

Oceander

Jimmy Carter is a senile old man; why anyone bothers to give him much credence any more is beyond me.

Online mountaineer

Wonder if Jimmeh would prefer Amy to live under Sharia law or in a Christian nation??
I wonder if we'll see Rosalynn in a hijab anytime soon.

Online rustynail

Bless his heart.