Author Topic: Poll: Whites becoming more solidly Republican  (Read 677 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Poll: Whites becoming more solidly Republican
« on: March 24, 2014, 12:47:32 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/201491-poll-whites-more-solidly-republican-in-recent-years

March 24, 2014, 08:28 am
Poll: Whites becoming more solidly Republican

By Rebecca Shabad

White people in the United States have become more solidly Republican in recent years, a new poll suggests.

A Gallup poll released Monday found the margin between whites who have identified as Republicans compared to nonwhites who have identified as Democrats has become more polarized.

Over the last four years, for example, whites identified as members of the GOP by 9 to 14 percentage points more than nonwhites who considered themselves Democrats, the survey found.

A 61-point racial and ethnic gap Gallup measured in party preferences in recent years is the largest the polling firm has recorded in the last 20 years.

Since 2008, the gaps between the political parties whites and nonwhites associate with have been 55 percentage points or higher each year.

Nonwhites have also had a roughly 47-percentage-point Democratic advantage over the last three presidential administrations.

Whites, by contrast, have become more Republican. Under President Bill Clinton, they had a 4.1-percentage-point Republican advantage. That increased to a 9.5-percentage-point advantage under President Obama. 
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Poll: Whites becoming more solidly Republican
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 03:18:15 am »
[[ Poll: Whites becoming more solidly Republican ]]

This is absolutely necessary and needed.

Neither blacks, nor Hispanics, nor Asians will EVER support the Republican party in numbers large enough to make a difference in places where their support would be necessary to win elections. Ain't gonna happen, no matter how much you speak of "equality", "fairness", etc. Keep dreamin'.

The democratic party has become, for all intents and purposes, "the party of color" in America.

To counter that, the Republicans must become (and yes, I'm not afraid to speak it plainly) the "party of the white folks". Even if this means openly abandoning efforts to attract nonwhites.

Take a good look at the deep south. In no other part of the country is the black population higher by statewide percentage -- yet the Republican consistently win elections and their strength is actually growing. Why?

Because the overwhelming majority of whites there understand that their only chance to keep themselves from falling to "black rule" is to vote in a kind of "racial unity" with the Republicans.

Blacks, Hispanics, and Asians practice "identity politics" as a matter of course. This is the "natural order" for them, and it will probably never change.

At least down south, whites have come to understand the realpolitik of such things, as well. That's why they're still able to win there.

If Republicans can attract 7-10% more of the Euro-American population in purple states, they might actually have a chance to turn the party's future -- and America's -- around.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 03:19:25 am by Fishrrman »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 04:16:27 am »
The GOP cannot hang their entire future on a diminishing pool of voters, e.g. older whites.

To win they need to increase their share on non-whites. Blacks may be an impossible target for no, but not Hispanics and even Asians, both of whom are less monolithic than blacks.

Historically Vietnamese and Cubans are majority Republican.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 12:16:37 pm »
Blacks, Hispanics, and Asians practice "identity politics" as a matter of course. This is the "natural order" for them, and it will probably never change.
I don't think all of those ethnic groups vote monolithically Democrat as you claim.

You could certainly make that case for the blacks. Native Americans, possibly, as well. In these communities, liberalism and government dependency is institutionalized.

Yet Asians, as recently as a few years ago, were a swing demographic, and they are the fastest growing ethnic group in the country. That ethnic group in general has higher-than-average intelligence and (at least theoretically) stands to listen to reason better than other, more emotionally charged minority ethnic groups.

Hispanics probably lean Democrat, mainly due to poverty issues, but are not necessarily lost.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 02:30:57 pm »
I prefer the term: CONFEDERATE.

I am referring to my opposition of the garbage heap that the Federal Government has turned into.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 02:39:17 pm »
Just as the so-called phony "War on Women" started with a question out of left field to Mitt Romney....this is part of a broader strategy to pit people of color against whites.

First step here is to simply state Whites are siding with the party of business and wealth and are not your friends.

Also today, Ms. Fluke is warning women that the Supreme Court could prove to be unfriendly toward women...opening a chance for them to claim said Justices were named by Republican presidents.

The Left and MSM are going to find all kinds of outrageous things for people of color and women to fear.

Hope a sense of self-interest doesn't trump the life of the Republic.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 03:00:20 pm »
Just as the so-called phony "War on Women" started with a question out of left field to Mitt Romney....this is part of a broader strategy to pit people of color against whites.

First step here is to simply state Whites are siding with the party of business and wealth and are not your friends.

Also today, Ms. Fluke is warning women that the Supreme Court could prove to be unfriendly toward women...opening a chance for them to claim said Justices were named by Republican presidents.

The Left and MSM are going to find all kinds of outrageous things for people of color and women to fear.

I find this premise to be very interesting. Seems to me that the RAT Party is really the true beneficiary of  "business and wealth". Think about it. Who are the biggest supporters of Obama and the RATs? GE. NBC. CBS. GOLDMAN, SACHS. George Soros. Big HOLLWEIRD. So on and so on.

I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Relic

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 03:01:15 pm »

Not likely. I see self interest as the trump card on both sides. We used to collectively aspire to more. We held up things like honor, and duty above self interest, on a social level. The end of "The Cain Mutiny" is instructive as to how our collective view has shifted. The mutineers were justified in what they did, and at a party. Their lawyer, came in, drunk, and blasted them. They were celebrating the demise of an officer's career. If that movie were remade, that ending wouldn't be acceptable. Most would find it stupid, or wouldn't get the larger meaning.

Self interest is our way, and it's accepted on a social level.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 03:43:20 pm »
jmyrlefuller wrote above:
[[ Yet Asians, as recently as a few years ago, were a swing demographic, and they are the fastest growing ethnic group in the country. That ethnic group in general has higher-than-average intelligence and (at least theoretically) stands to listen to reason better than other, more emotionally charged minority ethnic groups. ]]

And Asians (as an ethnic group) voted in higher numbers for Obama and the democrats than did Hispanics in the 2012 election, believe it or not...

The numbers can be verified online -- look them up if you wish.

What does this portend for the future?

There is only one demographic group that continues to vote for conservatism and traditionalism.
Which group is that?

C'mon, the answer ain't that hard...

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2014, 06:53:56 pm »
jmyrlefuller wrote above:
[[ Yet Asians, as recently as a few years ago, were a swing demographic, and they are the fastest growing ethnic group in the country. That ethnic group in general has higher-than-average intelligence and (at least theoretically) stands to listen to reason better than other, more emotionally charged minority ethnic groups. ]]

And Asians (as an ethnic group) voted in higher numbers for Obama and the democrats than did Hispanics in the 2012 election, believe it or not...

The numbers can be verified online -- look them up if you wish.

What does this portend for the future?

There is only one demographic group that continues to vote for conservatism and traditionalism.
Which group is that?

C'mon, the answer ain't that hard...
I said up until a few years ago. We're not talking about whole generations of lockstep govenrment dependency the way we are with the other ones I mentioned. My point is that we have ethnic minorities in this country that have the potential to be more receptive to the conservative message if it isarticulated effectively and if the big-government liberal mindset is thoroughly discredited; obviously neither of these have happened, even though they can and should. Alas, there are also quite a few that are not.

Remember, we are not talking about NOW. We are talking about the near future. We can either give up and commit mass suicide (since there are no places that have a system like ours where we can flee), live in oppression, or we can try to save this country. I'd like to exhaust the last one before giving up on life.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 06:56:29 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2014, 07:03:44 pm »
And this poll will be called racist.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Oceander

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 01:46:28 am »
The GOP cannot hang their entire future on a diminishing pool of voters, e.g. older whites.

To win they need to increase their share on non-whites. Blacks may be an impossible target for no, but not Hispanics and even Asians, both of whom are less monolithic than blacks.

Historically Vietnamese and Cubans are majority Republican.

the calm voice of reality