Author Topic: Six time Obama (in one election) voter's group received Obama administration grant  (Read 297 times)

rangerrebew

Six-time Obama voter’s group received Obama administration grant

Posted By Patrick Howley On 2:13 AM 03/24/2014 In | No Comments

The woman who admitted to voting for President Barack Obama six times worked for and sat on the board of a group that received an Obama administration Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) grant.

Melowese Richardson admitted in 2013 to voting six times for Obama’s re-election while working as a poll worker in Hamilton County, Ohio. Initially convicted on state voter fraud charges and sentenced to five years in prison, Richardson served eight months before the George Soros-funded Ohio Justice and Policy Center helped lessen her sentence to probation. Richardson appeared last week at a rally with some Ohio Democrats and Al Sharpton, who publicly gave her a hug.

Richardson worked for and sat on the board of a Cincinnati-based environmental activist group called Communities United for Action, which received an EPA grant and attended a conference with former Obama administration Labor Secretary Hilda Solis.

“My name is Melowese Richardson and I work for a group called CUFA, Communities United for Action. We passed the first environmental protection ordianance in the country here in Cincinnati and I love to participate with this group because of their repowering America,” Richardson said in a May 15, 2010 video for the Repowering America initiative, which was launched in 2008 by The Climate Reality Project in a speech by former Democratic vice president Al Gore.

“I’d like to help get this ordinance, get this passed, the bill passed that you guys are trying to pass because it is very important that we go green and try to save our environment. It’s a crucial issue. I hope that Congress, the people in Congress, will listen, will sit up and take note to this very crucial matter,” Richardson said in the video.

CUFA received a $25,000 EPA grant in September 2010 to educate low-income Ohio residents about environmental issues and “to connect with eighth graders to develop environmental justice leaders and produce a local air pollution reduction action plan.”

Richardson was still a CUFA Board member as of May 2011, when she joined the nonprofit network National People’s Action to protest a JPMorgan shareholder meeting in Columbus, Ohio.

CUFA participated in the 2011 National People’s Action leadership conference in Washington, D.C. at which then-Obama administration Labor Secretary Hilda Solis spoke. Richardson was photographed holding a sign that read “Make Wall Street Pay” at the event.

Follow The Daily Caller on Twitter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/24/six-time-obama-voters-group-received-obama-administration-grant/