Author Topic: Durbin, Ayotte want military aid for Ukraine  (Read 504 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Durbin, Ayotte want military aid for Ukraine
« on: March 23, 2014, 03:51:05 pm »
http://www.politico.com/blogs/politico-live/2014/03/durbin-ayotte-want-military-aide-for-ukraine-185572.html

Durbin, Ayotte want military aid for Ukraine

By AUSTIN WRIGHT |
3/23/14 11:24 AM EDT

Sens. Dick Durbin and Kelly Ayotte backed military aid to Ukraine in separate interviews Sunday.

Appearing on CBS's "Face the Nation," Durbin, the Senate’s No. 2 Democrat, said the Ukrainian military needs “everything from fuel to tires to sleeping bags to meals.” The Illinois senator, recently back from a trip to Ukraine, also said he wouldn’t rule out sending “small arms.”

“We’ve got to strengthen them and help them with advice and backing,” he said.

Meanwhile, Ayotte said on the same show the U.S. should look at sending communications equipment and other assistance to the Ukrainian military. The New Hampshire Republican, who’s currently in Ukraine, said the U.S. should also look at imposing sanctions on the entire financial sector in Russia.

“It’s so important that we take actions to deter further Russian aggression against the Ukrainian people,” said Ayotte, a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee.

She doesn’t support sending in U.S. troops, she said, and noted the Ukrainians aren’t “asking for that.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

rangerrebew

Re: Durbin, Ayotte want military aid for Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 04:54:15 pm »
Let me see.   I'll bet they both voted to castrate the military and now want them to be sent to Ukraine?  I say sent to because the government is going to contract with UPS to send everything needed, including advisors, just incase more people are needed, of course. :whistle: