Author Topic: Despite record spending, education test scores continue to stagnate, decline  (Read 390 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline rangerrebew

  • America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 74,065
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 10:53:04 AM by rangerrebew »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Online Fishrrman

  • Hero Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 12,337

Offline Atomic Cow

  • Hero Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 18,235
  • High Yield Minion
Liberals always run on spending "more money for eduction" and yet the results always get worse and worse.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline rangerrebew

  • America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 74,065
About 83% of school spending is on teacher salaries.  It seems high but schools have nothing to offset the cost.  The other 17 percent is spent on supplies, books, etc.  School boards also seem fond of new programs instead of solid education techniques, programs designed to help the student feel better about themselves, usually.  There is almost always a new program every year that will "reach" the student but which, in reality, is usually a band aid on cancer.  Plus, behavior control (safety) on Maslow's Pyramid, has gone to the bleeding hearts who bleed liberalism and think consequences create major psychological disorders and bizarre behavior.  Back when I was in H.S. about the most heinous thing a kid could do was put gum under the desk or lean back in a chair.  Now kids have phones, drugs, head sets, CD players, weapons, etc.  It really little wonder kids don't do well when they don't feel safe.
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline rb224315

  • Custom Title goes here
  • Hero Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 588
  • Personal Text goes here
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf