Author Topic: Boston: Bobcats Make Themselves At Home In Tyngsboro Backyard  (Read 403 times)

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
Re: Boston: Bobcats Make Themselves At Home In Tyngsboro Backyard
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 11:40:22 PM »
Things might not be so pleasant for neighborhood cats, or chickens, if the bobcats have kits and decide to stick around.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 08:12:36 AM »
I'm surprised they've spotted coyotes in the neighborhood, which I'd think were enough of a threat to pets.
“My god! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy? I confess I had no idea of it myself.” Jefferson writing to Madison on America in 1785 while in Paris.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 10:54:43 AM »
I'm surprised they've spotted coyotes in the neighborhood, which I'd think were enough of a threat to pets.

Saw a documentary on PBS about the Eastern Coyote, or Coy Wolf. As part of the show, they had a scientist in Illinois who tracks coyotes in Chicago. Says there's a couple of thousand IN the city. Showed one at night crossing the street in an upscale neighborhood, while a guy walked past it in the other direction. Didn't even notice it.

As for the Coy Wolves, one's been captured in Central Park, and they've been seen in the Bronx, Brooklyn and Queens. 
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 12:54:35 PM »
I live in a semi-rural area and coyote sightings are not unheard of, just rather infrequent.
“My god! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy? I confess I had no idea of it myself.” Jefferson writing to Madison on America in 1785 while in Paris.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf