Author Topic: Alec Baldwin: Good-bye, Public Life  (Read 733 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Alec Baldwin: Good-bye, Public Life
« on: February 24, 2014, 02:14:17 pm »
http://www.vulture.com/2014/02/alec-baldwin-good-bye-public-life.html

Yesterday at 8:05 PM

Alec Baldwin: Good-bye, Public Life

By Alec Baldwin

As told to Joe Hagan.

I flew to Hawaii recently to shoot a film, fresh on the heels of being labeled a homophobic bigot by Andrew Sullivan, Anderson Cooper, and others in the Gay Department of Justice. I wanted to speak with a gay-rights group that I had researched and admired, so I called its local Honolulu branch.

The office number turned out to be some guy’s cell phone. I left him a message—I said, “I’m from out of town, I’m visiting Hawaii on business, I’d like to  get some information on your group.” After two or three more calls, he answered the phone. I said, “Yeah, I’m the guy that called about your organization.” And he said, somewhat impatiently, “Okay, well, what did you want?” I said, “Well, let me put it to you this way, Nick. Your name is Nick? Nick, let me begin by asking you a question. Who would you say, by your estimation, is the most homophobic member of the entertainment industry currently in the media?” And he paused for a long count of four and said, “Um … Alec Baldwin?”

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

Re: Alec Baldwin: Good-bye, Public Life
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 02:50:38 pm »
I've read other accounts of this today.  I see he's blaming Brietbart and Rodger Ailes for his woes rather than his own poor choice of behavior.

Maybe instead of whining and playing the blame bame, Alex should ask say... Robert DeNiro how he survives living in NY without getting into public altercations and dealing with the fallout on a monthly basis?  Can't be too hard.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 04:12:37 pm »
I'm surprised he didn't blame GWB while he was at it.

Here's another account, from the NY Post:
Alec Baldwin is over NY — and his pals, too
By David K. Li
February 23, 2014 | 9:18pm

Alec Baldwin is fed up with New York — and is threatening to bolt big bad Gotham for the safety of LA’s gated communities.

“I probably have to move out of New York . . . Everything I hated about LA I’m beginning to crave,” the actor wrote in a New York magazine cover story.

“LA is a place where you live behind a gate, you get in a car, your interaction with the public is minimal. I used to hate that. But New York has changed.

“Manhattan is like Beverly Hills and the soul of New York has moved to Brooklyn, where everything new and exciting seems to be. I have to accept that.”

Baldwin, 55, who lives in the West Village with wife Hilaria, 30, and baby Carmen, took a p.r. beating in 2013 after making a series of hateful comments.

He called a male Daily Mail reporter a “toxic little queen” in June over a story that Hilaria tweeted at James Gandolfini’s Manhattan funeral.

And in November, Baldwin lost it with a photographer near his apartment, allegedly calling him a “c- -ksucking fag.” Baldwin confessed to saying “c- -ksucker” but denied using the anti-gay slur.

MSNBC later pulled his “Up Late” talk show.

In the magazine piece, Baldwin defended his homophobic behavior by name-dropping such famous gay pals as Cynthia Nixon and “Modern Family’s” Jesse Tyler Ferguson.

“Look, I work in show business. I am awash in gay people, as colleagues and as friends,” he wrote.

Baldwin went on to trash a litany of media figures.

•“Morning Joe” co-host Joe Scarborough “is neither eloquent nor funny.”

•MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow is “a phony who doesn’t have the same passion for the truth off-camera that she seems to have on the air.”

•CNN’s Anderson Cooper is “the self-appointed Jack Valenti of gay media culture,” referring to the late president of the Motion Picture Association of America who created the film-ratings system.

Baldwin also put a weird spin on his clash with Shia LaBeouf that ended with the younger actor’s firing from their Broadway play, “Orphans.” LaBeouf was angry Baldwin didn’t know his lines at rehearsals.

“I asked, ‘If I don’t say my words fast enough, you’re going to just say your next line?’ I just said, ‘You realize the lines are written in a certain order?’ He just glared at me,” Baldwin wrote.
Awash in gay people, eh?   :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 07:42:44 pm »
I'm surprised he didn't blame GWB while he was at it.

Here's another account, from the NY Post:Awash in gay people, eh?   :pondering:
•MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow is “a phony who doesn’t have the same passion for the truth off-camera that she seems to have on the air.”
LOL

Offline evadR

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 08:11:48 pm »
I flushed an Alec Baldwin down the toilet this morning.
I haven't missed it.

It's a damn shame that he decided to become such a POS. I really liked some of his movies.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline evadR

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 08:12:43 pm »
Needless to say, like the RNC, I wouldn't contribute a dime to any of his adventures.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 08:40:19 pm »
Alec Baldwin will never say goodbye to public life.  Such a thing would be outside his pathology.  He is simply hoping someone -- anyone -- will beg him to come back.

Offline flowers

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 08:43:26 pm »
Alec Baldwin will never say goodbye to public life.  Such a thing would be outside his pathology.  He is simply hoping someone -- anyone -- will beg him to come back.
Very true

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 12:54:21 pm »
Fed up with New York? Not so fast!
Baldwin whines about living in NY, buys Hamptons home
By Emily Smith
March 19, 2014 | 10:19pm

Alec Baldwin recently whined he “can’t live in New York anymore” because he’s just too famous, raising hopes by many New Yorkers — including many reporters and baristas — that he’d leave town.

But, not surprisingly, it was all a bunch of hot air. Sources tell us the fired MSNBC ranting-head has quietly bought a new house in East Hampton and intends to spend plenty of time there with his family.

Bad boy-turned-bellyacher Baldwin said in a February New York magazine essay that he’s ready to bolt from the Big Apple.

He griped, “I probably have to move out of New York . . . Everything I hated about LA, I’m beginning to crave . . . I want my newest child to have as normal and decent a life as I can provide. New York doesn’t seem the place for that anymore.”

Then, earlier this month, he tried to sell his Amagansett house to a packed crowd and reporters while onstage at the Guild Hall Academy of the Arts Lifetime Achievement Awards, boasting, “It has five bedrooms, a swimming pool and wood-burning fireplace.”

And is also probably full of hot air.
New York Post

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2014, 02:43:04 pm »
Heh.
Alec Baldwin passed over for honorary doctorate
By Kate Sheehy/Page Six
March 21, 2014 | 6:44pm

That smarts. Bloviating actor Alec Baldwin can’t even get an honorary degree from a university where he once studied.

George Washington University, where Baldwin took classes for two years before transferring to NYU in 1979, had been considering the anti-gay-spewing actor for the honorary doctorate but recently decided to pass him over, according to The College Fix, a national university-news website.

“Baldwin … had been on the short list for the honor, but apparently campus officials determined this year wasn’t the best one to throw accolades at the thespian-turned-newsman-turned-recluse,’’ the website said.

Instead, school officials bestowed honorary degrees on celebrity chef José Andres, activist Maudine Cooper and former school Board of Trustees Chairman Russell Ramsey.

A GWU spokeswoman, asked why Baldwin was passed over, cited the university’s criteria for selecting recipients, which include that they “must display strong character as well as notable achievement(s).”

When it was announced in October that Baldwin was in the running for the honor, the news was immediately met with outcry.

The “30 Rock’’ star is infamous for his bullying behavior and homophobic rants, including calling a Post photographer a “c—s–king f—-t.’’

He recently whined that he “can’t live in New York anymore’’ and played a blow-hard news editor in an episode of “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.’’