Author Topic: Jimmy Carter: Obama the Only President So Far Not to Call Me for Advice  (Read 826 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.mediaite.com/online/jimmy-carter-obama-the-only-president-so-far-not-to-call-me-for-advice/

Jimmy Carter: Obama the Only President So Far Not to Call Me for Advice
by Josh Feldman | 9:48 pm, March 21st, 2014

Jimmy Carter has been very active in the decades since his presidency, and his successors have occasionally called for his advice. Except, it turns out, the current occupant of the office. A clip from Carter’s upcoming Meet the Press interview reveals that President Obama is the first president since Carter left office not to solicit the Southern Democrat’s advice.

Carter explained, “President Clinton did and President George W. Bush and H.W. Bush and even Ronald Reagan used to call on us to go into sensitive areas.” They all asked Carter to deal with “unsavory characters,” but Obama hasn’t reached out to Carter for similar consulting.

Carter admitted he couldn’t answer with “complete candor,” only saying that it was the result of a dispute between the administration and the Carter Center on Middle East policy, a “sensitive area in which the president didn’t want to be involved.” Carter, however, holds no ill will towards Obama, because he “understand[s ] those sensitivities” and doesn’t have a problem with Obama not actively soliciting him.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 04:39:42 pm by Oceander »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Since Obama is the smartest guy who ever lived, why would he need to ask an old white guy about anything??

rangerrebew

He probably thinks Jimmah is a fugitive from the wax museum and not really alive.

Offline musiclady

I completely reject the statement that he doesn't care.  You know he has to be miffed that the Democrat Messiah hasn't asked his advice on anything, even though they rank as #1 and #2 in a list of worst Presidents ever.

I see this as just one more piece of evidence in a long list that Obama doesn't give a rip about anything in the Presidency other than the power and the perks.

He no more wants to get advice from others (with the exception of VJ) than he wants to fly to the moon.

(Which he, of course, cannot do because he killed NASA......  **nononono* ).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline aligncare

Obama talks to no one and eschews any presidential work. Just check his daily schedule. He's a lazy ass, incompetent affirmative action Pres.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Obama believes he can learn nothing from anyone, ever and thus has never learned anything, ever.

It is the reason why his speeches are cliched, redundant and self-referential, their words running on endlessly like the intellectual Mobius strip in his own head.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

Obama believes he can learn nothing from anyone, ever and thus has never learned anything, ever.

It is the reason why his speeches are cliched, redundant and self-referential, their words running on endlessly like the intellectual Mobius strip in his own head.

Intellectual Mobius strip...............  I LIKE that!   :patriot:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Olivia

Obama talks to no one and eschews any presidential work. Just check his daily schedule. He's a lazy ass, incompetent affirmative action Pres.

His daily schedule consist of golf & planning their next vacation.  Even at that, no one wants to take advice from Jimmy Carter, much less a egotistical community organizer.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 05:06:39 pm by Olivia »
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
I completely reject the statement that he doesn't care.  You know he has to be miffed that the Democrat Messiah hasn't asked his advice on anything, even though they rank as #1 and #2 in a list of worst Presidents ever.

I see this as just one more piece of evidence in a long list that Obama doesn't give a rip about anything in the Presidency other than the power and the perks.

He no more wants to get advice from others (with the exception of VJ) than he wants to fly to the moon.

(Which he, of course, cannot do because he killed NASA......  **nononono* ).

Do you remember the hissy fit that Rosalyn Carter threw when they got their "eviction notice"?
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.