Author Topic: Fleeing Democrats Will Turn Texas Blue  (Read 676 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fleeing Democrats Will Turn Texas Blue
« on: March 22, 2014, 12:31:53 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/03/21/Blue-State-Blues-Fleeing-Democrats-Will-Turn-Texas-Blue

by Joel B. Pollak 21 Mar 2014

In Los Angeles this week, three city council members blamed fracking for an earthquake, though they are not actually certain whether any fracking has occurred. In New York, Mayor Bill de Blasio is continuing his fight to crush charter schools that are primarily helping black and Hispanic children. In Illinois, the House Speaker announced plans to raise taxes on millionaires, despite proof that doing so will hurt the state's ailing economy.

Even some Democrats know that their party is being unreasonable.

California's Gov. Jerry Brown, for example, refuses to ban fracking. New York's Gov. Andrew Cuomo may hate conservatives just as much as de Blasio, but he is defending the charter schools. In Illinois, there aren't yet any Democrats willing to oppose the millionaire tax. Yet millions of Democrats are voting with their feet, leaving Illinois for more conservative jurisdictions.

And perhaps that is the point.

For years, Democrats have hoped to take Texas back. The Lone Star State has produced the last two Republican presidents, some of the most important conservative legislators, and untold millions of dollars for GOP candidates across the country.

To shift Texas into the Democratic column would prevent Republicans from mounting any kind of nationwide challenge and virtually wipe out the opposition.

Much of the discussion about how Democrats are going to "turn Texas blue" revolves around demographic changes, especially immigration reform. Allowing millions of illegal aliens to find a pathway to citizenship will create millions of new Democratic voters. In the meantime, Republican opposition to that plan is said to be pushing Latino voters away. All Democrats need to do is boost their turnout, and the GOP's Alamo will fall.

Yet there is another demographic change that is bound to have an effect on Texas: the rapid influx of refugees from blue states.

The Manhattan Institute notes that Texas is the number-one destination for California's émigré population, for example. It is popular among migrants from other blue states as well, owing to its warm climate, job opportunities, and lack of a state income tax. Over time, that is changing Texas's political culture.

It has happened in Virginia, where urbane transplants from D.C. and Maryland have moved the state ever-more firmly into the Democratic column. It has happened in New Hampshire, where the motto remains "Live Free or Die," but where professionals fleeing "Taxachusetts" have shifted the state sharply left. It has happened in Colorado, where liberal arrivals with a taste for the outdoors helped transform the local political culture.

That process will take far longer in Texas, but liberal enclaves in Austin and San Antonio are no longer as isolated as they were a few years ago.

So perhaps there is a method to the blue-state madness: make the union-dominated, heavily-indebted, and highly-taxed Democratic strongholds so inhospitable for economic reasons that their most highly mobile residents relocate to red states, taking their cultural preferences with them.

A likelier reason for the ongoing self-destruction of the big blue states is that they have passed a political tipping point, beyond which a despondent population despairs of being able to pull itself out of its economic and social malaise and keeps voting for more government in the hope of delaying the inevitable collapse.

But with this cohort of Democrat leaders, steeped in Saul Alinksy's tactics of creative disruption, anything is possible.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Fleeing Democrats Will Turn Texas Blue
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 01:47:53 pm »
Miles and miles of Texas....what makes Dhimmies think they will be welcome in the former Republic of Texas??  This is like telling people to "head for the hills" when an emergency strikes.  What makes you think the people already in those hills are going to welcome you with open arms??

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 02:46:04 pm »
Miles and miles of Texas....what makes Dhimmies think they will be welcome in the former Republic of Texas??  This is like telling people to "head for the hills" when an emergency strikes.  What makes you think the people already in those hills are going to welcome you with open arms??
Three words: Fair Housing Act. It, of course, means that if they want to come, you cannot legally stop them.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 04:15:12 pm »
Just make sure they all squirrel themselves into as few different political districts as possible; confine their political contagion so they cannot commandeer the state's political machinery.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 04:24:29 pm »
All the major Texas counties are Democrat-controlled, with the exception of Tarrant (Ft. Worth).  Dallas turned blue in 2006, Harris is blue, Travis is deep blue. 

It's just a matter of time until all these Yankees and Mexicans have their effect on the voting patterns.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 05:01:36 pm »
All the major Texas counties are Democrat-controlled, with the exception of Tarrant (Ft. Worth).  Dallas turned blue in 2006, Harris is blue, Travis is deep blue. 

It's just a matter of time until all these Yankees and Mexicans have their effect on the voting patterns.

I'm not sure I'd call californians yankees.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 07:39:16 pm »
Tell ya what. I'm about five horses to the right of Chingghis Quan.  If Texas buys my house in New York at a fair price, I'll be on the road the day we close.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline speekinout

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 09:39:15 pm »
I really am mystified by this phenomenon. Liberals elect liberals to run the state they live in, then when the state goes way downhill, they leave it for a successful conservative state, and vote to have that state turn into the same kind of a liberal failure the first state was. Don't they ever figure out what caused the problems?

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2014, 09:51:37 pm »
I really am mystified by this phenomenon. Liberals elect liberals to run the state they live in, then when the state goes way downhill, they leave it for a successful conservative state, and vote to have that state turn into the same kind of a liberal failure the first state was. Don't they ever figure out what caused the problems?

If they had the brainpower needed to figure it out they'd never have been liberals in the first place.

Offline speekinout

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2014, 10:02:39 pm »
If they had the brainpower needed to figure it out they'd never have been liberals in the first place.

Duh, of course!  :thud:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2014, 10:59:35 pm »
Recent voting history in Texas says that Texas is NOT turning more blue as a result of flight to Texas from blue states. In fact, the exact opposite seems to be happening. Texas is turning even more red.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2014, 11:51:52 pm »
Recent voting history in Texas says that Texas is NOT turning more blue as a result of flight to Texas from blue states. In fact, the exact opposite seems to be happening. Texas is turning even more red.

GOD BLESS TEXAS!!
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2014, 11:55:15 pm »

Many of the people leaving states like New York are conservatives, getting the hell out of the liberal cesspools.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton