Author Topic: Charlie Rangel accuses you and me of being descendants of slave owners  (Read 3605 times)

rangerrebew

Charlie Rangel Accuses You and Me of Being Descendants of Slave Owners

Posted on March 20, 2014 by Gary DeMar Filed under 1st Amendment, Congress, Constitution, Economics, Liberal Bullying, Low Information Voters, Politics

You know when a person is losing the debate when he goes postal on you. I’ve seen it happen many times. When an argument can’t be made based on the facts, the personal attacks begin.

It’s the adult version of school-yard bullying.

“Rep. Charlie Rangel (D-NY) in an appearance on NY1′s ‘Inside City Hall,’ called Tea Party members ‘mean, racist people’ who are descendants of slave owners in the South and still love their Confederate flag...”

It’s true, I live in the South. But I grew up in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I can assure you that no one in my family has ever owned any slaves for the simple fact that my grandparents were born in Italy. I am one-hundred percent Italian (DeMario).

My grandparents immigrated to the United States in the early part of the 20th century so they didn’t have anything to do with slavery.

I’m a proud supporter of the Tea Party. My support doesn’t have a thing to do with race.

Most of the people who work for and with me are not from the South, and yet all of us support the fundamental principles of the Tea Party. He may want to check out the numerous Tea Party organizations in New York and every other state in the union. Are we to suppose that they're all descendants of slave owners?

And what about the Confederate flag charge by Rangel? The last time I checked, the flag that's being flown by the Tea Party is the Gadsden Flag: "Dont Tread on Me."

Rangel has used the race card to enrich himself while blacks generally have been turned into servants to a single political party. While government programs alone can’t be blamed for all the ills that are found in the black community, they certainly have contributed to it.

Black unemployment is at an all-time high, abortion rates among blacks is over 50 percent. “Data from the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene reveals that black women had more abortions than live births in 2012.” Then there’s gang violence and a high dropout rate from high school. Is the Tea Party to blame for all of this?

These grinding statistics are the result of a long history of government interference in the lives of the poor. The Great Society Program of the 1960s was the major factor in crippling black families.

If Charlie Rangel wants to talk about slavery, he’s been one of the biggest contributors to it. Some black politicians have noticed how the welfare state, of which Rangel has been one of its biggest contributors, has affected black families.

E.W. Jackson, who is black and was the Republican candidate for lieutenant governor in 2013 in Virginia, “said slavery did not destroy black families, but government welfare programs launched in the 1960s caused them to deteriorate.”

Jackson said:

“I am a direct descendent of slaves. My grandfather was born . . . to a father and a mother who had been slaves. And by the way, their family was more intact than the black family is today.”

“I’m telling you that slavery did not destroy the black family, even though it certainly was an attack on the black family. It made it difficult.”

What was the Democrat response? They circulated a video of Jackson’s speech “comparing things to slavery is insulting,” calling it “extreme rhetoric.”

So a black Republican can’t reference slavery but a liberal Democrat can.

God and governmentThe business model for Godfather Politics is built on economic, political, and moral principles that pre-date the Tea Party. I outlined those principles in a series of books I wrote in the 1980s titled God and Government. Those principles were developed to move people out of slavery to freedom.

Charlie Rangel has been one of the biggest promoters of maintaining a slave mentality among Blacks. Now he’s trying to cover his policy failures by blaming the Tea Party.

Read more at http://godfatherpolitics.com/14829/charlie-rangel-accuses-descendant-slave-owners/#l7qAE3i4mpllEQOq.99
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 09:29:14 am by rangerrebew »

Offline mountaineer

My ancesters were too poor to own slaves, Charlie. Had no effect on my interest in joining the Tea Party cause.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
My ancestors were Republicans, and northern abolitionists.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online andy58-in-nh

My ancestors could not own slaves. They were too busy being raped and pillaged by Cossacks.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Pay your taxes Charlie - like we who you foist them on do - and shut the hell up!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Oceander

My ancestors weren't slave owners either; they were, on the one hand, Northerners, and on the other Missourans and Iowans who repudiated slavery and fought for the North.

rangerrebew

Does he know whether his ancestors were, or weren't, slave owners?  There were 10s of thousands of black slave owners and the way he treats blacks being a master of slaves may be in his blood. :thud:

rangerrebew

My ancestors weren't slave owners either; they were, on the one hand, Northerners, and on the other Missourans and Iowans who repudiated slavery and fought for the North.

My family is all from the north.  In fact, I have a great, great, great uncle who is buried at Andersonville. :patriot:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Being from Kentucky - I have ancestors who fought on the side of the Confederacy AND those who fought on the Union side.  Sometimes it was brother against brother.  Regardless, all of them were too poor to own slaves.  When do we get to get past the slavery issue?  Most all of us can go back to some point in history when our ancestors were enslaved by someone, unless we're from a royal family.  Does this define who we are now?
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Some of my ancestors were slaves. So shut it, Rangel.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Charlie Rangel accuses you and me of being descendants of slave owners
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2014, 07:08:37 pm »
Rangel is a complete idiot.

If you want to find 'slave owners', then just go to India, China, any Muslim country, or any Black ruled country in Africa. 'Slavery' is still alive and well outside America. These American Black retards are focused on something that happened in America until the 1860s when they should be focused on slavery that is ongoing even today.

But, then again, nobody in all of history has ever accused Black people of being overly intelligent.

In any other country in the world, Rangel would be told to get the hell out. Go somewhere else if you don't like America. We don't care.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 07:09:28 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2014, 07:17:16 pm »
Being from Kentucky - I have ancestors who fought on the side of the Confederacy AND those who fought on the Union side.  Sometimes it was brother against brother.  Regardless, all of them were too poor to own slaves.  When do we get to get past the slavery issue?  Most all of us can go back to some point in history when our ancestors were enslaved by someone, unless we're from a royal family.  Does this define who we are now?

My ancestors were Vikings.

We didn't enslave people.  We just raped and pillaged, and threw them into bogs.      :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2014, 07:48:04 pm »
some Greek philosopher is supposed to have said 2000 years that their was nobody of any social statute who did not have slaves as ancestors ,even if not its still true ....So stfu Rangle you race bating poverty  pimp
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline raml

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2014, 08:31:56 pm »
Many of my ancestors came over from Ireland and Scotland in the 1800's due to the poor conditions they were living under there. My English ancestors came over earlier and always lived in the north. Mine were mostly serfs certainly not the ruling class. I am also distantly related to Abe Lincoln through his real mothers side of the family. Charles Rangel is and always has been an idiot. The slave card just doesn't make me feel guilty nor will it ever since no one I know has any. I look at what some blacks have brought on themselves in the last few decades and feel mostly contempt for the the like of them and high admiration for those blacks who go about their lives building strong families and working and not blaming anyone for the long gone past just working the American dream that has been offered to them just as  it was for us and our ancestors.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2014, 09:36:05 pm »
My great-great-grandfather (give or take a "great") was a rebel sniper and and I don't feel guilty about slavery. He's the one I referenced who was too poor to have owned slaves anyway.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Oceander

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2014, 09:49:41 pm »
My great-great-grandfather (give or take a "great") was a rebel sniper and and I don't feel guilty about slavery. He's the one I referenced who was too poor to have owned slaves anyway.

There's no reason why you should feel guilty in the least.  I'm sure if we dig back far enough in Rangel's ancestry we'll find that he's related to one of the tribes in Africa that used to capture other Africans to sell them into slavery.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2014, 10:27:30 pm »
My ancestors were Vikings.

We didn't enslave people.  We just raped and pillaged, and threw them into bogs.      :smokin:

The Vikings had a thriving slave culture. It were no biggie - you'd be a slave for 20 years or so, then get your freedom. Sort of like being a villein, but with an expiration date.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2014, 11:19:09 pm »
Charlie is descended from a Grease Ball.

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2014, 11:41:24 pm »
My ancesters were too poor to own slaves, Charlie. Had no effect on my interest in joining the Tea Party cause.

A vast majority of Confederate soldiers didn't own slaves. They were not fighting to preserve or protect slavery in the first place. They took up arms to fight the oppressive actions of the federal government against the South. Plain and simple.

Like then, there is War of Northern Aggression that is being conducted against the South.

Maybe this time it will have the right outcome.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Oceander

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2014, 03:19:58 am »
The Vikings had a thriving slave culture. It were no biggie - you'd be a slave for 20 years or so, then get your freedom. Sort of like being a villein, but with an expiration date.

or like an indentured servant.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2014, 03:25:17 am »
Everyone is a descendent of slave owners at some point in their lineage, even Rangel.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2014, 12:46:35 pm »

I was joking.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2014, 12:50:42 pm »
I was joking.

Your ancestors owe mine ....  :smokin:

Though technically, we are probably related, so no big deal.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2014, 12:55:39 pm »
My ancestors come from a long line of farmers..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2014, 01:36:42 pm »
My ancestors come from a long line of farmers..

Rise up, strike off your chains, and demand your rights!!!!!

Being a slave to the land and the weather is intolerable.