Author Topic: Charlie Rangel accuses you and me of being descendants of slave owners  (Read 2144 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 05:29:14 AM by rangerrebew »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline mountaineer

• Paranoid Hillbilly
My ancesters were too poor to own slaves, Charlie. Had no effect on my interest in joining the Tea Party cause.
“Hell hath no fury like a vested interest masquerading as a moral principle.” - Ryan T Anderson

Online truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
My ancestors were Republicans, and northern abolitionists.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.ďż˝  Abe Lincoln

Online andy58-in-nh

My ancestors could not own slaves. They were too busy being raped and pillaged by Cossacks.
Liberalism isn't really about making the world a better place. It's about reassuring the elites that they are good people for wanting to rule over it.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Pay your taxes Charlie - like we who you foist them on do - and shut the hell up!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
My ancestors weren't slave owners either; they were, on the one hand, Northerners, and on the other Missourans and Iowans who repudiated slavery and fought for the North.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Does he know whether his ancestors were, or weren't, slave owners?  There were 10s of thousands of black slave owners and the way he treats blacks being a master of slaves may be in his blood. :thud:
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
My ancestors weren't slave owners either; they were, on the one hand, Northerners, and on the other Missourans and Iowans who repudiated slavery and fought for the North.

My family is all from the north.  In fact, I have a great, great, great uncle who is buried at Andersonville. :patriot:
George Washington

Benjamin Franklin

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Being from Kentucky - I have ancestors who fought on the side of the Confederacy AND those who fought on the Union side.  Sometimes it was brother against brother.  Regardless, all of them were too poor to own slaves.  When do we get to get past the slavery issue?  Most all of us can go back to some point in history when our ancestors were enslaved by someone, unless we're from a royal family.  Does this define who we are now?
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Some of my ancestors were slaves. So shut it, Rangel.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
Re: Charlie Rangel accuses you and me of being descendants of slave owners
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2014, 03:08:37 PM »
Rangel is a complete idiot.

If you want to find 'slave owners', then just go to India, China, any Muslim country, or any Black ruled country in Africa. 'Slavery' is still alive and well outside America. These American Black retards are focused on something that happened in America until the 1860s when they should be focused on slavery that is ongoing even today.

But, then again, nobody in all of history has ever accused Black people of being overly intelligent.

In any other country in the world, Rangel would be told to get the hell out. Go somewhere else if you don't like America. We don't care.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 03:09:28 PM by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.

Online musiclady

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2014, 03:17:16 PM »
Being from Kentucky - I have ancestors who fought on the side of the Confederacy AND those who fought on the Union side.  Sometimes it was brother against brother.  Regardless, all of them were too poor to own slaves.  When do we get to get past the slavery issue?  Most all of us can go back to some point in history when our ancestors were enslaved by someone, unless we're from a royal family.  Does this define who we are now?

My ancestors were Vikings.

We didn't enslave people.  We just raped and pillaged, and threw them into bogs.      :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2014, 03:48:04 PM »
some Greek philosopher is supposed to have said 2000 years that their was nobody of any social statute who did not have slaves as ancestors ,even if not its still true ....So stfu Rangle you race bating poverty  pimp
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline raml

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2014, 04:31:56 PM »
Many of my ancestors came over from Ireland and Scotland in the 1800's due to the poor conditions they were living under there. My English ancestors came over earlier and always lived in the north. Mine were mostly serfs certainly not the ruling class. I am also distantly related to Abe Lincoln through his real mothers side of the family. Charles Rangel is and always has been an idiot. The slave card just doesn't make me feel guilty nor will it ever since no one I know has any. I look at what some blacks have brought on themselves in the last few decades and feel mostly contempt for the the like of them and high admiration for those blacks who go about their lives building strong families and working and not blaming anyone for the long gone past just working the American dream that has been offered to them just as  it was for us and our ancestors.

Offline mountaineer

• Paranoid Hillbilly
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2014, 05:36:05 PM »
My great-great-grandfather (give or take a "great") was a rebel sniper and and I don't feel guilty about slavery. He's the one I referenced who was too poor to have owned slaves anyway.
“Hell hath no fury like a vested interest masquerading as a moral principle.” - Ryan T Anderson

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2014, 05:49:41 PM »
My great-great-grandfather (give or take a "great") was a rebel sniper and and I don't feel guilty about slavery. He's the one I referenced who was too poor to have owned slaves anyway.

There's no reason why you should feel guilty in the least.  I'm sure if we dig back far enough in Rangel's ancestry we'll find that he's related to one of the tribes in Africa that used to capture other Africans to sell them into slavery.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2014, 06:27:30 PM »
My ancestors were Vikings.

We didn't enslave people.  We just raped and pillaged, and threw them into bogs.      :smokin:

The Vikings had a thriving slave culture. It were no biggie - you'd be a slave for 20 years or so, then get your freedom. Sort of like being a villein, but with an expiration date.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2014, 07:19:09 PM »
Charlie is descended from a Grease Ball.

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2014, 07:41:24 PM »
My ancesters were too poor to own slaves, Charlie. Had no effect on my interest in joining the Tea Party cause.

A vast majority of Confederate soldiers didn't own slaves. They were not fighting to preserve or protect slavery in the first place. They took up arms to fight the oppressive actions of the federal government against the South. Plain and simple.

Like then, there is War of Northern Aggression that is being conducted against the South.

Maybe this time it will have the right outcome.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2014, 11:19:58 PM »
The Vikings had a thriving slave culture. It were no biggie - you'd be a slave for 20 years or so, then get your freedom. Sort of like being a villein, but with an expiration date.

or like an indentured servant.

Offline AbaraXas

• ?? ??????? ?????
  • Technical
  • Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2014, 11:25:17 PM »
Everyone is a descendent of slave owners at some point in their lineage, even Rangel.

Online musiclady

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2014, 08:46:35 AM »

I was joking.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2014, 08:50:42 AM »
I was joking.

Your ancestors owe mine ....  :smokin:

Though technically, we are probably related, so no big deal.

Online kevindavis

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2014, 08:55:39 AM »
My ancestors come from a long line of farmers..
To Clear things up...

Mueller has been one of the most respected individuals on the planet over the last 20 years.

Mueller is a Republican

Mueller was appointed by Republicans

Mueller doesn't determine if someone is guilty, The Judge and Jury do!

Get it!!!!

“You can go to live in France, but you can't become a Frenchman. You can go to live in Germany, but you can't become a German... But anyone, from any corner of the world, can come to live in the United States and become an American.”

- Ronald Reagan

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2014, 09:36:42 AM »
My ancestors come from a long line of farmers..

Rise up, strike off your chains, and demand your rights!!!!!

Being a slave to the land and the weather is intolerable.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf