Author Topic: Eric Holder pressed for Lois Lerner interview details by Issa, Jordan  (Read 554 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/mar/21/eric-holder-pressed-lois-lerner-interview-details-/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS

Republicans on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee are pressing the Department of Justice for more information about contact government lawyers reportedly made with Lois Lerner, the former IRS employee at the center of the scandal over the IRS’s targeting of tea party groups for special scrutiny.

The fresh push from committee chairman Darrell Issa of California and committee member Jim Jordan of Ohio is a signal the GOP will continue to pursue possible contempt charges against Ms. Lerner after she invoked the fifth amendment right against self-incrimination on two occasions when called before the committee.

“For over eight months, the committee has sought to carry out its oversight obligations in concert with the Department of Justice’s law-enforcement duties,” the congressmen wrote in a letter dated March 20. “At every stage, the department has refused to fully cooperate with the committee.”

Oceander

Re: Eric Holder pressed for Lois Lerner interview details by Issa, Jordan
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 04:20:22 pm »
Come on, you just issued a subpoena to the ATF; how about issuing a subpoena to Holder's Department of Just Us, and then holding Holder in contempt of Congress when (not if, when) he refuses to comply.

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 01:19:31 pm »
I think that enhanced interrogation methods should be used on Eric The Red.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 02:14:55 pm »
Apparently she did not plead the fifth with others. This alone will corner her and Holder.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?