Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh selection in children’s book competition causes a stir  (Read 454 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Rush Limbaugh selection in children’s book competition causes a stir

(CNN) - Rush Limbaugh - radio host, conservative firebrand and... children's book author of the year?

The Children’s Book Council and its Every Child a Reader program released on Thursday their author-of-the-year finalists for their annual Children’s and Teen Choice Book Awards.

Limbaugh is one of the four finalists, and his nomination has prompted outrage on social media, given the host’s often-incendiary nature.

Limbaugh's book is titled, "Rush Revere and The Brave Pilgrims: Time-Travel Adventures with Exceptional Americans" – a time-traveling tale of colonial America and the latest of two books in the "Rush Revere Series" published last year by Simon & Schuster.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/03/20/rush-limbaugh-childrens-book-selection-causes-a-stir/

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Recent release at #1 and his 1st book is currently at #4.

Hope that they emulate Harry Potter in going to the big screen with these books.

Rush certainly has the financial clout to make it happen....
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline NavyCanDo

I  bought Rush Revere and The Brave Pilgrims for my son last fall. We read  it together, and it was very well done.  A fun and educational read for kids and adults alike that teaches kids about the origins of the  Pilgrims, their ordeals and trials in the new world, and a flattering portrayal of the Indians they befriended.  Before doing so I read the reviews, and the funny thing was it was given high marks by even some of the  liberal reviewers, who were prepared to rip it apart, but came away after reading it saying very positives things about the book.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Relic

I catch Rush on the car radio at lunch sometimes... I didn't know he wrote a book?! </ sarcasm>

Offline musiclady

I  bought Rush Revere and The Brave Pilgrims for my son last fall. We read  it together, and it was very well done.  A fun and educational read for kids and adults alike that teaches kids about the origins of the  Pilgrims, their ordeals and trials in the new world, and a flattering portrayal of the Indians they befriended.  Before doing so I read the reviews, and the funny thing was it was given high marks by even some of the  liberal reviewers, who were prepared to rip it apart, but came away after reading it saying very positives things about the book.

It's also a high quality product.  Paper, color, illustrations, the whole ball of wax.

Rush doesn't mess around with mediocrity.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.