Author Topic: President Obama: 'In midterms, we get clobbered'  (Read 565 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
President Obama: 'In midterms, we get clobbered'
« on: March 21, 2014, 02:10:12 pm »
http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=55BD2B8F-8155-4C43-A460-9AD61E433780

President Obama: 'In midterms, we get clobbered'
By: Tal Kopan
March 21, 2014 07:58 AM EDT

President Barack Obama told Democratic donors that Democrats tend to “get clobbered” in midterm elections, and in order to win in November they need to turn out the vote.

Speaking at the suburban Miami home of basketball legend Alonzo Mourning and his wife Thursday, Obama told attendees at a Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee fundraiser that Americans agree with Democrats on every issue, but that Washington politics has “become so toxic” that they aren’t voting.

“That’s especially true during the midterms,” Obama said, according to a White House transcript. “During presidential elections, young people vote, women are more likely to vote, blacks, Hispanics more likely to vote. And suddenly a more representative cross-section of America gets out there and we do pretty well in presidential elections. But in midterms we get clobbered — either because we don’t think it’s important or we’ve become so discouraged about what’s happening in Washington that we think it’s not worth our while.”

Speaking alongside House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, Obama emphasized the importance of returning her to the position of speaker of the House and keeping Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid in control of the upper chamber.

“That’s what’s at stake. And I’m just hoping that all of you feel the same sense of urgency that I do,” Obama told a crowd of about 75 people who paid $16,000 to $32,000 to attend. “Like I said, I’m not on the ballot this time, but I didn’t get into politics just for the office. I got into it because I believe in what we’re fighting for. But I can’t do it alone. Nancy can’t do it alone. [Democratic National Committee Chairwoman] Debbie [Wasserman Schultz] can’t do it alone. We’re going to need you.”

Thursday night’s fundraiser was the first of at least six events Obama has committed to do for the DCCC in coming months.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
Re: President Obama: 'In midterms, we get clobbered'
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 02:18:49 pm »
The simple fact of the matter is that RATs need to get a nasty beat-down each and every time they are encountered.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: President Obama: 'In midterms, we get clobbered'
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 02:43:18 pm »
Who in their right mind would pay that much money to listen to this much bullshit??  The way to turn out the Democratic vote is to push more of the same from Pelosi and Reed?? 

Amazing!