Author Topic: Michelle Obama: It's very rare that I have the chance to travel outside of the United States  (Read 4999 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2546041

Michelle Obama: It's very rare that I have the chance to travel outside of the United States
BY CHARLIE SPIERING | MARCH 21, 2014 AT 8:06 AM

During her visit to China, first lady Michelle Obama pointed out that the ability to travel outside of the United States was "rare" but that she chose China for a reason.

"It’s very rare that I have the opportunity to travel outside of the United States, and it’s even more rare to have the opportunity to travel with three generations — with my daughters, and with my mother," she said. "And it is no accident that one of our first trips as a family is here to China."

Obama made her remarks while visiting a school in Beijing, with the Chinese first lady, Peng Liyuan.

Obama also praised the relationship between the United States and China, and thanked her hosts.

"[H]aving the opportunity to travel here, to listen, to learn, to hear more about the education initiatives here in this country and to share my travels with students throughout the United States is a very unique experience, and it’s one that I will never forget," she said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rustynail

I'm thinking bad thoughts.

Offline PzLdr

Uh, she forgot the African safari?
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Relic

I detest this woman, almost as much as I detest her reprobate husband.

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
The First Ingrate.

She makes me ill.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline katzenjammer

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
And it is no accident that one of our first trips as a family is here to China."

Why didn't Aunt Ester finish the statement?

And it is no accident that one of our first trips as a family is here to China. As thee Obama family adorns the progressive Chinese government, for three generations back! An achievement Barack and I are working on in America is adopting their fine way of government. I proudly bow to red China in my red dress. P.S. I am the fashion queen and my mother and I bought 600,000 dollars worth of Michael Jackson cream for this trip. (As you can see in the picture.) I am getting all I can out of this crappy gig while Barack spends his nasty-ole time with his manguards and friends.

"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

rangerrebew

I see she is PC by wearing red.

Offline flowers

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I'm thinking bad thoughts.

I am thinking very angry thoughts. Possibly not for the same reason you are, though I'll put a dollar to a maggot that you'll agree.

I detest any politician - either side - using their kids as props. It is tacky as bleep.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline flowers

Michelle Obama Spain Trip Cost Taxpayers $467,000: Judicial Watch

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/26/michelle-obama-spain-vacation-judicial-watch_n_1457302.html

First lady Michelle Obama's trip to Spain in August 2010 cost the U.S. Air Force and the Secret Service at least $467,585, Judicial Watch reported Thursday based on documents provided by the government under the Freedom of Information Act.

That price tag will likely add more fuel to an attack by Mitt Romney, who has already gone after President Barack Obama and his family for "elaborate vacations." Alluding to travel to the president's home state of Hawaii as well as the Spain trip, Romney said last week that the Obamas' vacations were in part to blame for the scandal over excessive spending by the General Services Administration.

The White House has said that the Obamas paid their own way for the Spain trip, during which the first lady, along with daughter Sasha, traveled around the country and visited with the royal family. Officials told The New York Times in August 2010 that two friends and four of their daughters, along with two aides and two advance staff members, went on the trip. The friends paid for their own rooms, food and transportation, the officials said.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline flowers

First Lady Michelle Obama visits the Forbidden City with Peng Liyuan, wife of Chinese President Xi Jinping, behind Mrs. Obama, on March 21, 2014, in Beijing. The first lady's visit is on educational and cultural exchanges. Click through the gallery to see her other international travel.

The Obamas traveled to Senegal, South Africa, and Tanzania in June 2013. Here, Mrs. Obama participates in a discussion with students in Johannesburg.

The first family joined the President on a three-day trip to Northern Ireland and Germany where he attended his fifth G-8 Summit.

The first lady traveled to South Africa in June 2011, where she met with former President Nelson Mandela at his home. The visit included stops in Pretoria, Cape Town and Gaborne, Botswana, where she spoke at the Young African Women Leaders Forum.

In May 2011, the Obamas visited Dublin. It was the first stop on a six-day trip to Europe. Here, the first couple enjoy glasses of Guinness at the President's ancestral home of Moneygall, Ireland, at the famous Ollie Hayes Pub.

On her first solo trip in April 2010, Mrs. Obama traveled to Mexico City where she met with Mexican first lady Margarita Zavala and President Felipe Calderon.

The first lady and Dr. Jill Biden made a surprise visit to Haiti in April 2010. They visited a local school and took a helicopter tour of areas distressed from that year's earthquake.

Mrs. Obama traveled to India with the President in 2010. The trip included a visit to the University of Mumbai, the Diwali Candle Lighting Celebration, and dinner with Prime Minister Singh Rashtrapati Bhavan.

The first lady traveled to Copenhagen to represent the United States at the International Olympic Committee session in October 2009.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/20/politics/michelle-obama-china/
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 04:34:31 pm by flowers »

Oceander

what a stupid b*tch

Online DCPatriot

what a stupid b*tch

You mean I just slowly scrolled down all those photos....just to read 'that'??     :laugh:

Well that's a minute gone forever.....
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

You mean I just slowly scrolled down all those photos....just to read 'that'??     :laugh:

Well that's a minute gone forever.....

yup.  so sorry to disappoint!  :laugh:

Online DCPatriot

yup.  so sorry to disappoint!  :laugh:

It was funny..... :laugh:

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members

Offline SouthTexas

I will not comment, I will not comment, I will not comment...

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

Wasn't this just a few months ago?  I KNOW it didn't take place on US soil???   :shrug:

Offline flowers

Online DCPatriot

It's policy now that ONLY the White House can authorize photographs used by the media, etc..

I submit this photograph was selected because Natasha"s dress 'hides' Michelle's fat ass.

Offline mountaineer

I admire everyone's self-restraint.
It is rare to see someone who can lie like this - so blithely, so easily. But, of course, who's going to call her on it? Just us, not anyone on TV.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Free From the Press, First Lady Blogs About Her China Trip
First Lady replaces press with personal blog
On her mission of “soft diplomacy” to China, the First Lady is replacing the largely blacked-out press with a personal blog of the trip. Her first entry detailed the charms and accomplishments of the First Lady of China, Madam Peng (which she tells us is pronounced “Pung”), and describes the robotics course of Beijing Normal School.

Michelle Obama is taking her mother and daughters with her on the week-long China diplomatic visit, which will include stops at three cities. The almost complete media blackout of the trip has caused a stir from the media. The Daily Mail reported on what it calls the largely taxpayer-funded vacation Wednesday that the First Lady will not allow questions from reporters, no press on the flight, and will only provide two truly “open press” events out of the 22 events scheduled on the calendar.

Instead of the standard press detail, the First Lady is providing a series of blogs. Here’s an excerpt from her first entry, where she introduces her Chinese counterpart:
“After a long flight from Washington, D.C. – one that took around 20 hours – my mother, my daughters, and I arrived in Beijing to begin our official visit to China.  Our first stop was at the Beijing Normal School, where we were hosted by Madam Peng Liyuan, the First Lady of China.

Madam Peng (her name is pronounced “Pung”) first became known to the Chinese people long before she was First Lady.  Madam Peng earned her Master’s Degree in traditional ethnic music at China’s Conservatory of Music, and in 1983, she performed as a folk singer on the Chinese Lunar New Year telecast, which is consistently the most-watched broadcast in the world.  In the years since, she has appeared on that telecast multiple times, while also performing for audiences throughout China, becoming one of the most popular folk singers in her country.

In addition to being a singer, Madam Peng has also earned the civilian rank equal to a Major General in the Chinese military (she joined when she was 18 years old).  Three years ago, she was named a Global Ambassador by the World Health Organization, and she works to fight diseases like tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS.  And last year, she became China’s First Lady when her Husband, President Xi Jinping, became China’s President.
Thanks, Mooch. We could have gotten that from Wiki, couldn't we?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org