Author Topic: Judge rules states can demand proof of citizenship from voters  (Read 685 times)

rangerrebew

Judge rules states can demand proof of citizenship from voters

Posted on March 20, 2014   

Isn’t it amazing that a judge actually has to rule this way? This should be blatantly obvious.

Check it out:

A U.S. District Court judge ruled Wednesday that Arizona and Kansas can require anyone registering to vote to prove their citizenship and the federal Election Assistance Commission cannot block them.

The ruling is a boost for states’ rights and marks a setback for President Obama and other liberals who fought stiffer voter ID checks with an argument that they reduce voter turnout.

“This is a huge victory for me, personally, for the states of Kansas and Arizona, and for the whole cause of states’ rights,” said Kansas Secretary of State Kris W. Kobach, who led the challenge. “We’ve seen so many defeats recently in areas where the federal government has been encroaching on states’ authorities, and this time the good guys won.”

In his ruling, Judge Eric F. Melgren said the EAC, which Congress created after the 2000 Florida voting fiasco, must accede to states’ requests for people to provide proof of citizenship when they register to vote.

Continue Reading on www.washingtontimes.com ...

Read more at http://conservativebyte.com/2014/03/judge-rules-states-can-demand-proof-citizenship-voters/#5IcM8PoHTlSewZ7R.99

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
Re: Judge rules states can demand proof of citizenship from voters
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 01:39:54 pm »

This is great news.  I'm curious to hear some analysis--how solid is the legal basis for the decision and what are the chances of another judge turning reason and logic on its head & striking down this ruling?
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 02:21:25 pm »
Really great news!

Yep, it's a damned shame that it took a judge to make this ruling.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 02:23:45 pm »
Wake me up when it applies to Illinois, New York, Ohio, California and Florida......THEN we'll uncork the champagne.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 02:30:09 pm »
Wake me up when it applies to Illinois, New York, Ohio, California and Florida......THEN we'll uncork the champagne.

It's a start. Hopefully, it will not end with this ruling.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 02:42:10 pm »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 02:43:44 pm »

I love Morgan Freeman.      [/s]      :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

rangerrebew

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 02:47:50 pm »
Don't forget, Obama and Holder have already told law enforcement officials (prosecutors) they can ignore any law they don't like.  What a coincidence! :whistle:

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2014, 03:19:38 pm »
When I first moved back to the town I grew up in, I was asked for registration and driver's license before I voted.  This by little old ladies that knew me since I was born. 

Now, depending on which precinct I'm voting in, one of the election judges is my daughter's mother in law, and in the other, it's my son's mother in law.  And I still get asked for ID.

What's wrong with the rest of the country?