Author Topic: Wife Locked In Shed For Singing Ding Dong the Witch is Dead After Husband's Mum Death  (Read 1249 times)

Offline happyg

Toyin Owoseje

It is one of Judy Garland's most iconic tracks, but for one couple Ding Dong the Witch is Dead almost ruined their marriage.

Andrew Salmon admitted locking his wife in their garden shed and assaulting her after she chanted the song, which features in the 1939 musical Wizard of Oz, following his mother's death.

Related
Margaret Thatcher: Ding Dong! The Witch is Dead Will not be Played in Full
Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead Tops iTunes Chart in Wake of Margaret Thatcher Death [VIDEO]

The 42-year-old from Cornwall packed Beverley Salmon's belongings and refused to let her back into their home after their domestic dispute.

When she finally broke out of the shed, he threw her on the bed and choked her before pulling open her shirt and twisting her breasts.

He told Truro magistrates court that she had provoked him because she offered him no support while he was grieving because she had never liked his mother.

"She never really got on with my mum or any of my relatives and when my mum died she was horrible and offered me no support – she was extremely unsympathetic," he said.

Salmon who had no previous convictions before his arrest, pleaded guilty to assault.

He said: "I am sorry for what I have done to my wife and regret everything I did. I was pushed towards it although I should not have done it."

In the Wizard of Oz Dorothy, played by Garland, the Munchkins and Glinda the Good Witch, belt out the song to celebrate the death of the Wicked Witch of the East after Dorothy dropped a house on her.

The song briefly topped the iTunes chart in April 2013 after the death of baroness Margaret Thatcher.

Salmon is scheduled to be sentenced in April.
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/wife-locked-shed-singing-ding-dong-witch-dead-after-husbands-mum-death-1441162

Offline collins

Don't like to dance on graves, nor do I like people that do.

When she finally broke out of the shed, he threw her on the bed and choked her before pulling open her shirt and twisting her breasts.

"Twisted her breasts"???  :shrug: Talk about a couple with problems.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Maybe she was singing out of key and he was trying to tune her?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline LambChop

It's certainly a relationship that needs to be examined.  No matter how a spouse feels about the in-laws they should suppress any feelings of joy and be supportive of their spouse.  The person you love is hurting, and you react with exuberance?   

On the other hand, the violence against her is nothing to make jokes about.   

Offline flowers

:silly:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

It's certainly a relationship that needs to be examined.  No matter how a spouse feels about the in-laws they should suppress any feelings of joy and be supportive of their spouse.  The person you love is hurting, and you react with exuberance?   

On the other hand, the violence against her is nothing to make jokes about.

It is a very venerable Robin Williams joke, about foreplay. I'll leave you to look it up, but it will make you giggle.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members

He should rot in jail. She should have sang, ding dong the witch is dead, to herself. I hope they don't have kids.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
:bigsilly:
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline LambChop

He should rot in jail. She should have sang, ding dong the witch is dead, to herself. I hope they don't have kids.

He should get a divorce as she is not a good person.   He may have had a break of some sorts *it said he's not been arrested for this behavior before*  Jail time will not do him any good.  But a good amount of community service for an abuse shelter and some grief counseling would do him a world of good.

When one spends time with someone who's been violently abused, the perspective gets drastically changed.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
When one spends time with someone who's been violently abused, the perspective gets drastically changed.

Lambchop?

Sorry, my friend.

Offline NavyCanDo

"It is one of Judy Garland's most iconic tracks"   

Judy never sang it. It was all munchkins.   OK, correction being made, the title had me  :silly: before opening the thread .
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline LambChop

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Thank you

De nada, amica. Easy to forget - even here there is not always a safe space.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
In high school those titty twisters were rough, on me, and I'm a guy. Funny thing, I never even considered ever doing that to a female. I mean unless she asked me to, which has happened. But that was a whole separate thing.

The point is, I would have never thought to do a titty twister on a woman no matter how mad I was. That was always something we did to our friends, i don't know, to prove dominance or something. Today, I don't know why I did half the things I did, when I was 16.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline raml

Both are lacking maturity in their actions both need counseling and certainly shouldn't be married to one another. If you had known my mother-in law all would have thought her a witch but over the years I learned to love her and her quirky behavior. My own mother said never judge a person to quickly give them a chance which I did and I in the end loved her more than her own son who tended not to understand her nor want to try. He (my ex) even admitted to not having empathy toward others and that was a big problem he had in relationships and still does. I was very sad when she died at 94 but she had a good life and was lucky to have a very understanding husband. I think a woman singing that childish song when her MIL died proved her intelligence was zero a problem which many citizens of this country have these days.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 12:36:58 am by raml »