Author Topic: Reporters Held to 4 Minutes With President By Countdown Clock, Looming Aide, and Standing Up Daniel Halper  (Read 500 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.weeklystandard.com/print/blogs/reporters-held-4-minutes-president-countdown-clock-looming-aide-and-standing_785599.html

Reporters Held to 4 Minutes With President By Countdown Clock, Looming Aide, and Standing Up
Daniel Halper
March 20, 2014 7:51 AM

According to a local CBS Arizona affiliate, President Obama and his team have 3 tactics to make sure reporters stick to the 4 minutes the White House has allotted them to interview the leader of the world: a countdown clock, a looming aide, and they have to conduct the interview with the president while standing up.

One CBS anchor called the measures "a little ridiculous."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMs_BTIOlYM

"We immediately launched into our interview because there was a person standing behind him actually counting down to the four minutes. And by the time he answered my last question, I realized that we had already gone over the four minutes, so that's why I took an opportunity to sort of ask a lighter question afterward because I figured at that point, you know, why not? I have nothing to lose," said the local reporter.

"But what was interesting--a side note--is the reason why we're standing, I was told by one of his staffers, is because he likes to get comfortable when he's sitting and he tends to get very chatty. And so this was another way to keep him--and us--at the four minutes that they were suggesting that we not go over."

Said the local anchor, "Yeah, and it sounds like the pressure is on when some guy is standing behind him with a countdown clock. That's a little ridiculous."

President Obama gave a round of interviews to local affiliates yesterday in the White House. Only the CBS Arizona affiliate revealed the process behind the scenes.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
Heil, OBAMA! Heil, OBAMA! Heil, OBAMA! SEIG HEIL!
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Online mountaineer

The official Obama reporter timer

Ding! Time's up!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.