Author Topic: Biden arrives in Poland to send signal to Russia  (Read 1741 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Biden arrives in Poland to send signal to Russia
« on: March 18, 2014, 09:44:40 am »
Now what signal would this be? "You guys are on your own here" is the one that immediately springs to mind.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Vice President Joe Biden has arrived in Poland on a trip designed to show U.S. resolve against Russia's intervention in neighboring Ukraine.

Biden landed in Warsaw on Tuesday morning. He planned to meet there with Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk (Tooskh) and President Bronislaw Komorowski (Broh-'NIH-swav Koh-moh-'ROV-skiy). He'll also meet with Estonian President Toomas Hendrik Ilves.

The meetings with the NATO allies are part of a broader U.S. campaign to persuade Russian President Vladimir Putin to back off in Ukraine. The U.S. is imposing the most comprehensive sanctions against Russian officials since the Cold War.

Biden will fly later Tuesday to the Baltic nation of Lithuania to meet with President Dalia Grybauskaite and Latvia's president, Andris Berzins.

Poland, Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia share borders with Russia, and Poland borders Ukraine.

Too short to excerpt. Via Yahoo: http://news.yahoo.com/biden-arrives-poland-send-signal-russia-091857695--politics.html
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline PzLdr

Re: Biden arrives in Poland to send signal to Russia
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 11:41:56 am »
What signal? That we're pushing the administration's ineptitude right up to Putin's borders?
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 11:49:50 am »
Anyone placing bets on how many Polish jokes Joe tells?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 04:03:53 pm »

Biden, in Poland, just lowered the national IQ by several points.

Now, the Poles have someone to ridicule.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Howie66

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 04:05:00 pm »
Now what signal would this be? "You guys are on your own here" is the one that immediately springs to mind.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Vice President Joe Biden has arrived in Poland on a trip designed to show U.S. resolve against Russia's intervention in neighboring Ukraine.

Biden landed in Warsaw on Tuesday morning. He planned to meet there with Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk (Tooskh) and President Bronislaw Komorowski (Broh-'NIH-swav Koh-moh-'ROV-skiy). He'll also meet with Estonian President Toomas Hendrik Ilves.

The meetings with the NATO allies are part of a broader U.S. campaign to persuade Russian President Vladimir Putin to back off in Ukraine. The U.S. is imposing the most comprehensive sanctions against Russian officials since the Cold War.

Biden will fly later Tuesday to the Baltic nation of Lithuania to meet with President Dalia Grybauskaite and Latvia's president, Andris Berzins.

Poland, Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia share borders with Russia, and Poland borders Ukraine.

Too short to excerpt. Via Yahoo: http://news.yahoo.com/biden-arrives-poland-send-signal-russia-091857695--politics.html

Wonder if there are any SAM batteries in Lithuania?
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 04:42:07 pm »

Wouldn't bet against that one......     **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 04:47:35 pm »
On the Polish side ....

How many Bidens does it take to change a lightbulb?

None, he's kept in the dark.

What does Biden say when he walks into a bar?

Ouch.

Did you hear about Biden's walk around?

He's still walking.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Howie66

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 05:07:16 pm »
On the Polish side ....

Ouch.

He's still walking.

:silly:

His plugs were installed with a ball-peen hammer.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 05:08:00 pm by Howie66 »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 07:22:54 pm »
Washington Post:
Vice President Biden met with Poland's president on Tuesday and assured him that the United States remains more than capable of stepping up militarily if Russia's aggression were to spread to NATO allies.

“You have an ally whose (defense) budget is larger than the next 10 nations in the world combined, so don’t worry about where we are," Biden told President Bronislaw Komorowski during a visit to Poland.

Biden's comment came after Komorowski noted that Russia has recently multiplied its defense budget but that many NATO countries had cut theirs. The North American Treaty Organization (NATO) includes Poland and other neighbors of Ukraine, but not Ukraine itself.

NATO Article 5 states that if one NATO country is attacked, it constitutes an attack on all of them and that all of them must assist in responding.

The vice president also repeated the Obama administration's position that Russia's annexation of Crimea is illegal. He said Russia needs to let Ukraine decide its own future.

“Those that bet instead on aggression and fear-mongering are bound to fail,” Biden said.
Get a load of the goofball photo they chose to accompany the article. Note, this is just a file photo, it does not appear to have been taken today in Poland:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 07:25:09 pm »
Oh, this is much better. Here's an actual AP photo of Joltin' Joe in Poland.

U.S. Vice President Joe Biden smiles during a press conference with Poland’s President Bronislaw Komorowski after their meeting in Warsaw, Poland, on Tuesday, March 18, 2014. Biden arrived in Warsaw for consultations with Prime Minister Donald Tusk and President Komorowski, a few hours after Russian President Vladimir Putin approved a draft bill for the annexation of Crimea, one of a flurry of steps to formally take over the Black Sea peninsula.

Who's the man? I'm the man!

Link to AP story at Houston Chronicle

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2014, 07:29:01 pm »

Oh, that is too funny--I have to steal that!  :silly:

Offline Howie66

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2014, 08:46:10 pm »
Oh, this is much better. Here's an actual AP photo of Joltin' Joe in Poland.

U.S. Vice President Joe Biden smiles during a press conference with Poland’s President Bronislaw Komorowski after their meeting in Warsaw, Poland, on Tuesday, March 18, 2014. Biden arrived in Warsaw for consultations with Prime Minister Donald Tusk and President Komorowski, a few hours after Russian President Vladimir Putin approved a draft bill for the annexation of Crimea, one of a flurry of steps to formally take over the Black Sea peninsula.

Who's the man? I'm the man!

Link to AP story at Houston Chronicle

Proof positive that the lights are on and nobody is home.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2014, 09:40:00 pm »

That was the first thing that crossed my mind.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2014, 01:44:10 am »
No matter how much we laugh at poor Joe Biden, I would feel much more comfortable with HIM as president, than with the president we have.

And that's sayin' sumthin' !!

Oceander

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2014, 01:45:30 am »
did the Russians twitter anything about ole Plugs showing up?  Some of the tweets about Obama's non-sanction sanctions were rather amusing, if I do say so.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2014, 02:22:36 am »

A study in contrasts: Bright bulb. Dim Bulb.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Oceander

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2014, 02:29:56 am »
Hmm, let's see, Biden arrives in Poland.

That should have the Poles shaking in their boots and the Russians shaking with laughter

Offline olde north church

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2014, 09:51:27 am »

A study in contrasts: Bright bulb. Dim Bulb.

"Who's the knuckle headed, spray on tan with a thumb?  THIS GUY!!!"
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 09:52:46 am by olde north church »
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

rangerrebew

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2014, 10:47:43 am »
There is an old saw that says 'never send a boy to do a man's job.'  There is a corollary to that, 'never send a court jester to intimidate Putin.' :woohoo:

Offline evadR

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2014, 12:27:04 pm »
Putin initiates Holodomor 2...
Obama sends in the clown.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Oceander

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2014, 03:10:26 am »
On the Polish side ....

Ouch.

He's still walking.

:bigsilly: