Author Topic: Notorious DUer Will Pitt Turns Angrily Against Obamacare  (Read 671 times)

Offline mrclose

Notorious DUer Will Pitt Turns Angrily Against Obamacare
« on: March 19, 2014, 08:17:21 pm »

Harry Reid is going to have a hard time portraying Will Pitt as a Koch brothers shill...

William Rivers Pitt, a leftwing editor at TruthOut, whose foibles have been chronicled in NewsBusters and is probably best known for his journalism "scoop" of predicting the indictment of Karl Rove on May 12, 2006, is back in the spotlight again.

While waiting 24 business hours to elapse for the Rove indictment to finally take place, Pitt shocked many at the Democratic Underground by posting an extremely angry attack, What I've learned about the Affordable Care Act, upon Obamacare due to a bad personal experience with it.

In order to fully appreciate how far Pitt has turned against Obamacare, we need to go to his DU post back in December when he was proclaiming his love for Obama's signature plan...before he even experienced it:

Well, I just had my first experience with the Healthcare.gov website...

Creating a user name and account: easy.

Plowing through all the questions: easy.

Alas, I logged out to track down some personal info, and when I tried to log back in, it said the system was currently down.

...but then, Ermahgerd! A phone number: 800-318-2596

And it's toll-free, too!
So I'll be calling in the morning to finish the process.

No. Big. Deal.

Thanks, Obama.

Yes, Pitt was thanking Obama before he had personally experienced Obamacare. And now, after having his Obamacare Moment, Pitt has moved from praising to cursing the President. A warning for those with tender sensibilities: although I have cleaned up Pitt's harsh language, many will still find it offensive:

What I've learned after a three-month war with these fiends: the ACA says the insurance companies cannot deny coverage to those with pre-existing conditions, which is true as far as it goes. But they can deny coverage for the life-saving medications necessary to treat those conditions.

The insurance company I signed up with through the ACA exchange just denied coverage of my wife's multiple sclerosis medication. We're "covered," to the tune of $700 a month...just not for what she really needs.

A cozy loophole, that.

F--- you, insurance industry.

F--- you, Mr. President, you piece of sh*t used-car salesman.

From my heart and soul, f--- you.
8888crybaby

So does Pitt feel like a fool for his previous support of Obamacare? You bet he does to the extent that he wishes he could travel back in a time machine to correct himself:

I long for a time machine.

I helped, in my own small way, to promote this thing, because of the pre-existing conditions aspect that would benefit my wife. I feel like a f---ing dupe.

On edit: I AM a f---ing dupe. Last time that happens.

Pitt's attacks upon Obamacare became so harsh that he had to be removed from posting more on his own thread with this pronouncement of limited excommunication:

The OP has been silenced. Post hidden and OP locked out. There won't be any more responses on this thread from him.

Well as they often say... a conservative is a liberal mugged by reality. :silly:

Read more: Notorious Will Pitt Turns Angrily Against Obamacare | NewsBusters
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Re: Notorious DUer Will Pitt Turns Angrily Against Obamacare
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 08:34:37 pm »
I am glad someone else PJ? monitors that site because it is a low life dive bar from hell, kinda place. The tree downward format gives me a headache.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 08:35:46 pm by Gazoo »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 09:57:55 pm »
Pitt was always the drama queen and his prediction never came true.

While I am sorry for his wife, his own Obama worship has put him, and the rest of us in the mess. 

I would go over to DU to check out the sheeple but I just can't click that site ever again..LOL

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 01:35:43 am »
I feel very sorry for his wife, although I would say that she has terrible taste in husbands.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 01:42:12 am »
That's what you get for wanting 'someone from the government who is here to help'.