Author Topic: Chris Christie: I'm a 'common-sense conservative'  (Read 835 times)

Offline happyg

Chris Christie: I'm a 'common-sense conservative'
« on: March 19, 2014, 03:11:08 pm »
During a town hall Tuesday, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie explained that the was a "common sense conservative" after he was asked by a participant whether he was a moderate.

That's the beauty of me," Christie replied, ac"cording to CNN. "Everybody looks at me and sees something different."

Christie defined himself as a "common-sense conservative," saying believed in smaller government and lower taxes.

"To me, that's a conservative. But everybody perceives 'conservative' as something different these days," he concluded.

Charlie Spiering

http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2545913

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
Re: Chris Christie: I'm a 'common-sense conservative'
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 03:15:50 pm »
During a town hall Tuesday, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie explained that the was a "common sense conservative" after he was asked by a participant whether he was a moderate.

That's the beauty of me," Christie replied, ac"cording to CNN. "Everybody looks at me and sees something different."

Christie defined himself as a "common-sense conservative," saying believed in smaller government and lower taxes.

"To me, that's a conservative. But everybody perceives 'conservative' as something different these days," he concluded.

Charlie Spiering

http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2545913
:xedfingers:  8bs8
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 03:18:57 pm »
Christie is corrupt.  That is all you need to know.

Offline Relic

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 03:23:19 pm »
Christie is corrupt.  That is all you need to know.

Christie is a Bill Clinton style politician. Everything is negotiable, and nothing is off the table, as long as Chris Christie benefits from it.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 03:28:36 pm »
More liked Obama than Bubba.   He's a bully with no conscience at all.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 07:40:52 pm »
That's the beauty of me," Christie replied, according to CNN. "Everybody looks at me and sees something different."
That's not "beauty." That's a man who has failed to make it clear what (if anything) he actually stands for.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline evadR

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 08:22:40 pm »
That's the beauty of me," Christie replied, according to CNN. "Everybody looks at me and sees something different."
That's not "beauty." That's a man who has failed to make it clear what (if anything) he actually stands for.

He's right. I look at him today and see one thing. Then he speaks or does something and I see him entirely differently.

Whatever it is, it ain't beautiful. I'd call it flip flop.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 09:34:04 pm »
Whenever a politician calls himself a "common  sense conservative" what he really means is he is "not a conservative." Ditto "compassionate conservative."