Author Topic: Owner of S.C. pub insults gun owners across America with outrageous sign  (Read 880 times)

rangerrebew

Owner of S.C. Pub Insults Gun Owners Across America With This Outrageous Sign

Mar. 18, 2014 4:17pm   Jason Howerton   

“NO CONCEALED WEAPONS ALLOWED. If you are such a loser that you feel a need to carry a gun with you when you go out, I do not want your business. Douchebag.”

That’s the message Backstreets Pub & Deli recently sent to gun owners with a sign posted in its store window. The backlash against the establishment, located in Clemson, S.C., was swift after the conservative website Twitchy posted several photos of the sign from Twitter.

The Washington Times reports that the pub has a one-star rating out of five on Yelp.com, “with pages upon pages of negative comments and reviews by Second Amendment supporters.”

The owner of the pub, who identified to himself only as Pete, is already backpedaling. He said the sign was only temporary and that he regrets using the rude language.

“It just came out wrong because I was frustrated,” he said.

The Times has some of the reactions:

Terri, on Yelp, gave the pub a one-star rating.

“Not allowing law abiding permit holding background checked conceal carry permit holders into your establishment is begging for criminals to come in and make an easy target out of you,” she said.

“So, you would even insult the soldiers that fought for your freedom and right to post that offensive sign?” asked Tim, who also gave one star. “Would you say the same thing to a police officer? I guess you have the right to be an idiot as well. God bless America, the Constitution and the Second Amendment.”

Pete, who describes himself as a “conservative Democrat,” claims he has been a concealed carry permit holder since 2001, but guns don’t belong in public in a college town.

He explained why he feels that way: “There are cops everywhere. Cameras everywhere. Guns have no place here in a college town.”

Meanwhile, he has had to take the phone at the pub off the hook because of the national outrage.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/18/see-the-offensive-sign-posted-by-s-c-pub-that-has-resulted-in-some-ticked-off-gun-owners/
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 05:33:26 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline happyg

Any bets on how soon his business will go bankrupt?

rangerrebew

Any bets on how soon his business will go bankrupt?

He may be in the loony bin, first,

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
His right to say that.

Our right not to patronize his establishment.

Though I may have "accidentally" mentioned it to a friend who is on the radio across all of SC.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 07:48:22 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline elkfersupper

"So let it be written, so let it be done."

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
In one way this guy's stupidity is a bit surprising.  Except for the university, Clemson is a backwoods kind o' place--beautiful, rural, and quiet.  There's more camo & 4WD among the students there than at the average school.

On the other hand, higher education almost always means lower common sense and lower appreciation for the traditions that made our country great.  I visited there sometime between the '04 and '08 elections and was surprised at the number of Kerry/Edwards bumper stickers.
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
His crowd is probably the campus lefties so he won't lose any business over it, which is why he posted it in the first place.  He'll get a ton of free publicity and more anti-gun lefties will patronize his establishment.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Right_in_Virginia

His crowd is probably the campus lefties so he won't lose any business over it, which is why he posted it in the first place.  He'll get a ton of free publicity and more anti-gun lefties will patronize his establishment.

He better accept EBT Cards.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
[[ Pete, who describes himself as a “conservative Democrat,” claims he has been a concealed carry permit holder since 2001, but guns don’t belong in public in a college town. ]]

Lesssseeeee here......

What's the use of having a concealed carry permit, if you're NOT going to take your weapon out of the house and along with you "in public"?

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
He better accept EBT Cards.

Safe bet that he does.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Howie66

[[ Pete, who describes himself as a “conservative Democrat,” claims he has been a concealed carry permit holder since 2001, but guns don’t belong in public in a college town. ]]

Lesssseeeee here......

What's the use of having a concealed carry permit, if you're NOT going to take your weapon out of the house and along with you "in public"?

Maybe Pete plans on waiving his permit at his potential attacker?
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
He double down on his facebook page, calling gun owners 'mouth breathers' and worse.  He pulled his facebook page down but the cached version is still there. That is one nasty dude.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:YjruYj-yTFEJ:https://www.facebook.com/BackstreetsPub+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Offline Howie66

He double down on his facebook page, calling gun owners 'mouth breathers' and worse.  He pulled his facebook page down but the cached version is still there. That is one nasty dude.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:YjruYj-yTFEJ:https://www.facebook.com/BackstreetsPub+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Maybe someone should send him a case of Midol.