Author Topic: Gun tattoo in Maine prompts heavy police response  (Read 466 times)

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Gun tattoo in Maine prompts heavy police response
« on: March 19, 2014, 04:27:30 pm »
Published March 19, 2014FoxNews.com

March 18: Michael Smith, left, stands beside a Somerset County Sheriff deputy outside his home in Norridgewock, Maine. (AP/MORNING SENTINEL)

March 18: A trooper trains his rifle toward the home of Michael Smith in Norridgewock, Maine. (AP PHOTO/MORNING SENTINEL)

Police armed with assault rifles descended on a Maine man's home after members of a tree removal crew he'd told to clear off his property reported that he had a gun.

Turns out the "gun" the tree crew had seen on Michael Smith of Norridgewock was just a life-sized tattoo of a handgun on his stomach.

Smith, who works nights, was asleep when the tree crew contracted by a utility to trim branches near power lines, woke him up at about 10 a.m. Tuesday.

"I got plans today. I didn't want to get shot"
- Mike Smith

He went outside shirtless and yelled at the workers to leave. When he's not wearing a shirt, the tattoo looks like a gun tucked into his waistband.

Smith tells the Morning Sentinel the tattoo has never been a problem before.

"I got plans today. I didn't want to get shot," Smith reportedly said.

Police didn't charge him.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/03/19/gun-tattoo-in-maine-prompts-heavy-police-response/

"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline elkfersupper

Re: Gun tattoo in Maine prompts heavy police response
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 09:10:58 pm »
I thought only school kids could get punished for drawings of guns.

Offline SouthTexas

Re: Gun tattoo in Maine prompts heavy police response
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 09:46:43 pm »
I thought only school kids could get punished for drawings of guns.

We have  winner!!!