Author Topic: Chris Christie: I'm a 'common-sense conservative'  (Read 428 times)

Offline happyg

Chris Christie: I'm a 'common-sense conservative'
« on: March 19, 2014, 11:11:08 AM »
During a town hall Tuesday, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie explained that the was a "common sense conservative" after he was asked by a participant whether he was a moderate.

That's the beauty of me," Christie replied, ac"cording to CNN. "Everybody looks at me and sees something different."

Christie defined himself as a "common-sense conservative," saying believed in smaller government and lower taxes.

"To me, that's a conservative. But everybody perceives 'conservative' as something different these days," he concluded.

Charlie Spiering

http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2545913

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
Re: Chris Christie: I'm a 'common-sense conservative'
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 11:15:50 AM »
During a town hall Tuesday, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie explained that the was a "common sense conservative" after he was asked by a participant whether he was a moderate.

That's the beauty of me," Christie replied, ac"cording to CNN. "Everybody looks at me and sees something different."

Christie defined himself as a "common-sense conservative," saying believed in smaller government and lower taxes.

"To me, that's a conservative. But everybody perceives 'conservative' as something different these days," he concluded.

Charlie Spiering

http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2545913
:xedfingers:  8bs8
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 11:18:57 AM »
Christie is corrupt.  That is all you need to know.

Offline Relic

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 11:23:19 AM »
Christie is corrupt.  That is all you need to know.

Christie is a Bill Clinton style politician. Everything is negotiable, and nothing is off the table, as long as Chris Christie benefits from it.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 11:28:36 AM »
More liked Obama than Bubba.   He's a bully with no conscience at all.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 03:40:52 PM »
That's the beauty of me," Christie replied, according to CNN. "Everybody looks at me and sees something different."
That's not "beauty." That's a man who has failed to make it clear what (if anything) he actually stands for.
The only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is that the Democrats allow the poor to be corrupt, too.
--- Oscar Levant

Offline evadRĀ²

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 04:22:40 PM »
That's the beauty of me," Christie replied, according to CNN. "Everybody looks at me and sees something different."
That's not "beauty." That's a man who has failed to make it clear what (if anything) he actually stands for.

He's right. I look at him today and see one thing. Then he speaks or does something and I see him entirely differently.

Whatever it is, it ain't beautiful. I'd call it flip flop.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 05:34:04 PM »
Whenever a politician calls himself a "common  sense conservative" what he really means is he is "not a conservative." Ditto "compassionate conservative."
"She only coughs when she lies."

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf