Author Topic: Martial law cannot be far away now! Massive car to car warrantless search in DC Region  (Read 1274 times)

rangerrebew

Martial Law Cannot Be Far Away Now! Massive Car To Car Warrantless Search In DC Region

Sunday, March 16, 2014 5:13

(Before It's News)

The ‘Police State’ in America officially exploded into the DC Capitol Region as hundreds of cars were stopped in a massive roadblock and a warrantless car to car search ensued for alleged bank robbers and drivers were met by the likes of what we see below. One woman had to vomit and was ordered to close her door. The story unfolds below. Live cell phone video of ‘the event’ is also below.

As described, these searches were in no way consensual and were performed with the motorists under duress.   Nothing ordered at gunpoint can ever be considered voluntary.  Not surprisingly, we have not seen a report of anyone brave enough to refuse the hostile violation of the 4th amendment.

Is THIS really what we want our country and our society to be like? If so, this is proof that the terrorists won…America has turned into a police state.

ROCKVILLE, MD — Thousands of motorists were brought to a standstill when police conducted a massive roadblock to find three crime suspects.  Twelve lanes of traffic were shut down and swarms of armed government agents combed through a giant traffic jam performing warrantless vehicle-to-vehicle searches.

The busy Tuesday morning commute was abruptly halted just after 10:00 a.m. on March 11th.  One driver told ABC News that traffic stopped and he witnessed 30 police cars pass on the shoulders of I-270 near Rockville.  “Then, when I saw a wall of police officers with automatic weapons approaching our cars, it was apparent that something serious was taking place.”

Miles of cars were stranded and motorists were confined to their vehicles, with no explanation, for over an hour.  Confused people exiting their vehicles were met with hostility from the police.   WTOP reported that one woman leaned out her door to vomit, she was shouted at by cops to close her door.

“It’s just awful,” motorist Carmel Desroche to WJLA, describing the traffic jam.  “I’ve never seen both directions of 270 like this before.  It was painful.”

While stuck in traffic, motorists were approached by armed agents and ordered at gunpoint to submit to warrantless searches of the interior of their vehicles.  The Washington Post interviewed an innocent driver named Don Troop who experienced the ordeal.

A group of officers made its way to his car and other cars around him. “They were just walking along saying: ‘Pop the trunk! Pop the trunk!’”

He overheard a man in a truck next to him call out to another motorist: The police are looking for bank robbers. A short time later, about nine officers approached his car — including state police in tan uniforms, county police in dark uniforms and at least one plainclothes officer wearing a yellow tie.

Among their commands to motorists that Troop heard:

“Stay in your car.”

“Pop the trunk.”

“Get your hands on the steering wheel. Get you hands up where we can see them.”

http://beforeitsnews.com/u-s-politics/2014/03/martial-law-cannot-be-far-away-now-massive-car-to-car-warrantless-search-in-dc-region-2464794.html
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 09:24:19 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline aligncare

... and a good morning to you, too, ranger ....

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Did the local cops take this opportunity to try out their newly acquired Mine Resistant Vehicle??

rangerrebew

The wife and I are going to D.C. next month and then on to see our son get his Master's at Penn State.  Since I have a "Viet Nam Veteran" license plate, I wonder if I'll get "extra attention" from the Gestapo? :shrug:

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Hey ranger. Good article thank for posting. Please fix the articles title to say 'Martial' Law.  :laugh: you scared me for a sec I thought Obama created a new law or reg.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

rangerrebew

Hey ranger. Good article thank for posting. Please fix the articles title to say 'Martial' Law.  :laugh: you scared me for a sec I thought Obama created a new law or reg.

Oops, a slight attack of dyslexia.  Thanks. :seeya:

Offline xfreeper

After the invasion of residential neighborhoods with armored vehicles clamoring down the streets and storm troopers sweeping people in their home windows with rifles while others were ordered out of their homes at gun point, nothing will surprise me. All in the name of security, anything goes.

Oceander

not to excuse or justify anything, but they were in hot pursuit, if you will.

Offline xfreeper

Like you said, it doesn't excuse or justify it....and that's using a pretty lax definition of hot pursuit. It was actually a search, not a pursuit

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Like you said, it doesn't excuse or justify it....and that's using a pretty lax definition of hot pursuit. It was actually a search, not a pursuit

Let's not forget to point something out here.  Elected Republicans are extinct in Montgomery County, Maryland. 

It's an ant farm for anybody studying one-party rule in the current social and political environment.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

it was in between the two.

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
The wife and I are going to D.C. next month and then on to see our son get his Master's at Penn State.  Since I have a "Viet Nam Veteran" license plate, I wonder if I'll get "extra attention" from the Gestapo? :shrug:

Congrats to your son! What's he getting his Masters in?

I have a Gadsden plate on my truck with "IMPEACH OBAMA" and "9MM BEATS 9-1-1 EVERY TIME" bumper stickers and USMC & OATH KEEPERS decals on the rear window. Think I might get some added attention?   :patriot: :beer:
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 02:29:45 am by Howie66 »
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline xfreeper

it was in between the two.

Oh, is there a sliding scale with definitions for the various classifications now? Help me out, at what point does a hot pursuit become a cold pursuit become a search? If somebody thinks they heard somebody else say they saw someone....maybe....will that satisfy the justification for an in between, kind of hot pursuit

Oceander

Oh, is there a sliding scale with definitions for the various classifications now? Help me out, at what point does a hot pursuit become a cold pursuit become a search? If somebody thinks they heard somebody else say they saw someone....maybe....will that satisfy the justification for an in between, kind of hot pursuit

whatever.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Watch any Black&White gangster movie from the 1950's and you will see the same thing. Cops have been doing this forever. I think the title is misleading. I doubt the Cops were 'searching' the vehicles. It is much more likely that they were 'identifying' occupants, looking for the bank robbers. That is why they were asking people to pop the trunk.

That is a bit different than searching your car. JMHO
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

I have a Gadsden plate on my truck with "IMPEACH OBAMA" and "9MM BEATS 9-1-1 EVERY TIME" bumper stickers and USMC & OATH KEEPERS decals on the rear window. Think I might get some added attention?   :patriot: :beer:

I've wondered how we might fare in "unfriendly" territory with our "MOLON LABE" and "ABOLISH THE IRS" bumper stickers on our big old mean SUV?   :shrug:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline xfreeper

Watch any Black&White gangster movie from the 1950's and you will see the same thing. Cops have been doing this forever. I think the title is misleading. I doubt the Cops were 'searching' the vehicles. It is much more likely that they were 'identifying' occupants, looking for the bank robbers. That is why they were asking people to pop the trunk.

That is a bit different than searching your car. JMHO

Troopers ordering people to pop the trunk at gunpoint is a bit different from asking also.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
True.

Law enforcement today on all levels is much more beligerent and unnecessarily confrontational than it used to be. Instead of being viewed as citizens, today average Americans seemed to be viewed as eniemies by policemen, and everybody is a threat. And they tend to draw weapons on the slightest perceived provocation. That is agreed.

But I have had my car searched by the police and if this happens, you will definitely know it. Your glove box will be empty and most likely ripped out, and everything that was in the car will be strewn everywhere.

It is not the kind of thing where you have to guess, Oh my, I think they searched my car. They leave no doubt about it when they are done. I can't imagine they would have the time to do this to hundreds of vehicles, no matter how many Cops were there.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline xfreeper

A search is a search regardless how thorough or not. The bigger issue is the way the citizenry is treated by ever more belligerent police forces that feel free to suspend/ignore constitutional rights and treat people like convicted felons with apparent impunity. Personally I find this incredibly troubling

Offline Howie66

I've wondered how we might fare in "unfriendly" territory with our "MOLON LABE" and "ABOLISH THE IRS" bumper stickers on our big old mean SUV?   :shrug:
Great point!

I do believe that my "9MM BEATS 9-1-1 EVERY TIME" sticker may have a "calming effect" on some people. (Sometimes the 9MM is a .45, but that's my little secret)
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

rangerrebew

He's getting it in Geo-spatial intelligence.  He's currently a Navy Lieutenant and will be leaving Obama's Navy in June. :patriot:

Offline aligncare

I never heard of geospatial intelligence. Is that like spy satellites?

rangerrebew

No, it's more like being aware of the different areas in the world and the natural resources available, transportation, geo-political knowledge, etc.

Offline Howie66

He's getting it in Geo-spatial intelligence.  He's currently a Navy Lieutenant and will be leaving Obama's Navy in June. :patriot:

Cool! May he have the best of luck in his new life!

Offline Olivia

A search is a search regardless how thorough or not. The bigger issue is the way the citizenry is treated by ever more belligerent police forces that feel free to suspend/ignore constitutional rights and treat people like convicted felons with apparent impunity. Personally I find this incredibly troubling

Where's the outrage?  Was anything done about this abuse of power by the police?  No one filed a compliant or did they all just accept that this is the way it is?  That's the part that's troubling.
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim