Author Topic: Breast cancer survivor told to remove pink ribbon in home  (Read 449 times)

rangerrebew

Breast cancer survivor told to remove pink ribbon in home
« on: March 19, 2014, 10:09:51 am »
Breast Cancer Survivor Told To Remove Pink Ribbon In Home

March 18, 2014 3:52 AM

Linda Karp says the pink ribbon is a symbol of strength and hope. (Getty Images)

NAPLES, Fla. (CBS Tampa) – Sixteen years ago Linda Karp beat breast cancer and she has been doing her part to keep the disease in the public eye.

So it was with pride that she put a large pink ribbon inside her home  of three years.

But not everybody was happy. Karp was shocked when she received a letter from the homeowner’s association to remove the ribbon.

“I’m not offending anyone. My neighbors are all supportive of breast cancer. I don’t know why they’re not,” she told WFXT-TV.

The board at Regents Park in Naples said the pink ribbon display was against the rules.

“Oh, I’m very angry… These people are being outrageously unkind,” Karp said.

Karp says the ribbon is inside her home and that neighbors have been very supportive.

“It’s on the inside of my entry-way,” she said.

Board members did not answer the station’s request for an interview.

Karp says she will keep fighting.

“I want them to leave me alone. It’s a pink ribbon… I’m not removing it,” Karp said

http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2014/03/18/breast-cancer-survivor-told-to-remove-pink-ribbon-in-home/
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 10:13:38 am by rangerrebew »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Breast cancer survivor told to remove pink ribbon in home
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 10:39:06 am »
If you want to see humanity at their pettiest - look no further than a sewing circle or a home owners association.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink