Author Topic: Zuckerberg Rushes to Renee Ellmers' Rescue with 'No Amnesty' Ads  (Read 1203 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/03/18/Zuckerberg-Rushes-To-Ellmers-Rescue-On-Amnesty-With-Eye-Popping-Ad-Buy

Zuckerberg Rushes to Renee Ellmers' Rescue with 'No Amnesty' Ads

by Matthew Boyle 18 Mar 2014, 10:43 AM

Through his political advocacy firm, FWD.us, billionaire Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg is now playing a role in GOP primaries.

Starting Tuesday, Zuckerberg’s FWD.us’s “Americans for a Conservative Direction” arm—a group aimed at trying to help Republicans stave off conservative opposition to amnesty—is spending $150,000 to help Rep. Renee Ellmers (R-NC) fight off primary challenger Frank Roche after she stumbled through an interview on Laura Ingraham’s radio program last week.

“Renee Ellmers is a conservative fighter for North Carolina,” a narrator reads in the television version of the ad, while pictures of Ellmers move across the screen. It continues:

Ellmers voted for a Balanced Budget Amendment to cut the debt and stop the wasteful spending in Washington. She’s protecting Fort Bragg and Pope Airfield from massive defense cuts and working hard to secure the border and fix our broken immigration system once and for all. No amnesty, period.

The ad then lists the D.C. phone number for Ellmers’ congressional office and advises viewers to “call Congresswoman Ellmers and tell her to keep fighting for conservative solutions.”

Rosemary Jenks, NumbersUSA director of government relations, told Breitbart News that the claim that Ellmers is opposed to amnesty is not true. Jenks said that Ellmers' continued endorsement of legal status for illegal aliens—which she backed in her Ingraham interview and in an op-ed for the Fayetteville Observer earlier this year, among other places—is support for amnesty.

“Despite the false statements in the FWD.us ads, Congresswoman Ellmers has made her position on illegal immigration clear,” Jenks said in an email. “She supports granting legal status to illegal aliens, and that is amnesty. As we learned in 1986, amnesty only begets more illegal immigration.”

Zuckerberg is also running radio ads in Ellmers’ district to coincide with the TV ads. According to Politico, the initial ad buy is $150,000, and the ads will run for ten days across Ellmers’ district.

Last week, Ellmers melted down in support of amnesty in a live interview on Ingraham’s nationally-syndicated radio program. Ellmers endorsed legal status for illegal aliens, and during the interview, she called Ingraham “small-minded” and “ignorant.” Ellmers also claimed she authored the ubiquitous “de facto amnesty” talking point—which she clearly did not—referring to herself in the third person, saying, “Renee Ellmers thinks for herself.”

After the interview—and posts about it on Breitbart—Ellmers’ D.C. office asked pro-amnesty group ImmigrationWorksUSA, and potentially other pro-amnesty groups, to help rescue her. That group, Zuckerberg’s FWD.us, and a consortium of other pro-amnesty operations, were quickly out in public defending Ellmers.

Last Friday, Ingraham hosted Roche—Ellmers’ primary challenger—on her show, offering him a forum to discuss his immigration views. Roche opposed amnesty and a massive increase in legal immigration. “We’ve become dependent on this cheap source of immigrant labor,” Roche said during the interview. “It’s a moral hazard for both businesses and citizens, and it has to stop. The rhetoric has to change on the discussion.”

Zuckerberg’s decision to get involved in GOP primaries is not surprising, though this appears to be the first time his group is playing on that field. FWD.us has run ads backing pro-amnesty GOP lawmakers, ranging from Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) to House Budget Committee Chairman Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) to Rep. Mike Coffman (R-CO), among others.

On Friday morning, before Roche’s appearance on her program, Ingraham warned her listeners about the influence Zuckerberg and other wealthy business interests have in Washington. “When you believe the government is not responding to your values, protecting your values, responding to your wishes, just look on the bright side: Billionaires do have instant access to [President Obama],” Ingraham said. “Government of the people, by the people, for the oligarchs.”
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Zuckerberg Rushes to Renee Ellmers' Rescue with 'No Amnesty' Ads
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 01:07:05 am »
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 01:09:16 am »
I'm still waiting to hear some details on how the anti-immigrant people intend to sweep the country clean of illegals.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 02:04:06 am »
[[ I'm still waiting to hear some details on how the anti-immigrant people intend to sweep the country clean of illegals. ]]

There is no need to "sweep the country clean" of illegals.

What -is- important, is that they never be permitted to enjoy American citizenship.

Never as in NEVER. Am I making myself clear?

The point is that they must pay a high price for their crime (yes, -crime-) of border jumping. Yes, they can stay. Yes, they can get health care benefits, school for their children, etc. Yes, they may even receive Social Security, provided they have met the contribution standards that American citizens must meet.

But the one thing they cannot have is full citizenship.
They must NEVER be given the right to vote.
They must NEVER be given the ability to "chain-migrate" their relatives here legally.

Does this condemn them to some kind of "second class" status?
Of course, and I fully endorse and approve of such treatment.
And I make no apologies about it.

I realize, of course, that by virtue of the Fourteenth Amendment their children born here are citizens -- nothing can (or will be) done about that.

But giving them full citizenship for breaking the immigration laws will not only accelerate the "tipping" of the country towards the left, it will open the doors to the flood of millions more, who can cross our borders with the full knowledge that nothing can or will be done to stop them.

Are these "details" enough for you?

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 02:22:38 am »
[[ I'm still waiting to hear some details on how the anti-immigrant people intend to sweep the country clean of illegals. ]]

There is no need to "sweep the country clean" of illegals.

What -is- important, is that they never be permitted to enjoy American citizenship.

Never as in NEVER. Am I making myself clear?

The point is that they must pay a high price for their crime (yes, -crime-) of border jumping. Yes, they can stay. Yes, they can get health care benefits, school for their children, etc. Yes, they may even receive Social Security, provided they have met the contribution standards that American citizens must meet.

But the one thing they cannot have is full citizenship.
They must NEVER be given the right to vote.
They must NEVER be given the ability to "chain-migrate" their relatives here legally.

Does this condemn them to some kind of "second class" status?
Of course, and I fully endorse and approve of such treatment.
And I make no apologies about it.

I realize, of course, that by virtue of the Fourteenth Amendment their children born here are citizens -- nothing can (or will be) done about that.

But giving them full citizenship for breaking the immigration laws will not only accelerate the "tipping" of the country towards the left, it will open the doors to the flood of millions more, who can cross our borders with the full knowledge that nothing can or will be done to stop them.

Are these "details" enough for you?

Why, then you're not anti-amnesty, you're right there with me on common-sense immigration reform.  I see no problem whatsoever with denying citizenship to those who entered illegally; I'd even consider only making their presence legal, but as guest workers, with fewer rights than are given to greencard holders.

You're on my side, my friend, and those are details that I have no problem with whatsoever.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 02:25:52 am »
[[ Why, then you're not anti-amnesty, you're right there with me on common-sense immigration reform. ]]

Good try, but I'm not a "reformer".

The best approach is to do nothing.
No reform.
Simply.... nothing.

I do endorse deportations under current laws, particularly for criminal behavior, etc.

You have a good way of "bendin' words" -- a lawyer, I presume?

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 03:23:46 am »
[[ Why, then you're not anti-amnesty, you're right there with me on common-sense immigration reform. ]]

Good try, but I'm not a "reformer".

The best approach is to do nothing.
No reform.
Simply.... nothing.

I do endorse deportations under current laws, particularly for criminal behavior, etc.

You have a good way of "bendin' words" -- a lawyer, I presume?

then you shouldn't have any problem whatsoever with what's going on right now because you seem to be happy with the status quo, keeping in mind that the status quo includes Obama's recent moves on immigration.

there's no bending words whatsoever if I take you at your word and assume that you meant what you said about your own views.  It would be shabby behaviour if I assumed you were lying everytime you posted something, wouldn't it?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 07:24:12 am »
I'm still waiting to hear some details on how the anti-immigrant people intend to sweep the country clean of illegals.
Simple.  Just enforce the laws that have never been enforced before.

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 02:44:23 am »
Simple.  Just enforce the laws that have never been enforced before.

Really?  Maybe they haven't been enforced to the degree you'd like because as a matter of brute reality they cannot be so enforced.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 03:46:04 pm »
Really?  Maybe they haven't been enforced to the degree you'd like because as a matter of brute reality they cannot be so enforced.
I'd say that is a pretty good bet.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 03:47:10 pm »

Any law that can not be enforced is a bad law and weakens the others.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2014, 01:23:00 pm »

Maybe, just maybe, they haven't been enforced because Clinton, Bush and Obama did not want to enforce them.   Quite shocking, but perhaps true.

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2014, 01:28:12 pm »

No one expects to sweep the country free of illegals any more than we can sweep the country clean of drunk drivers.    But, with increased manpower, funding, border security and enforcement of e-verify we would greatly reduce the number of alien invaders.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2014, 01:29:57 pm »
Well the Gay Howdy Doody is running for the dem nomination for that seat too! Zuck will probably back him if he wins it. LOL

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02