Author Topic: Harvard Professor: Tea Party “Will Win in the End”  (Read 446 times)

Offline happyg

Harvard Professor: Tea Party “Will Win in the End”
« on: March 19, 2014, 12:31:39 am »
The rise of the Tea Party was evident in 2010 when they swept Democrats out of the House and gave the GOP a majority.

Since then, they have often been vilified and dismissed by moderate Republicans and Democrats, and even illegally targeted by the IRS in order to silence them, on orders from President Obama’s White House.

Yet the Tea Party continues to hang on and grow in popularity amongst the general population, mostly because nearly 3/4 of people view big government as the biggest threat to America.

Now a liberal professor at Harvard is saying what Tea Partiers have already known, that the Tea Party is not going anywhere.  According to Breitbart:
A government and sociology professor at Harvard writes that the Tea Party is more likely than not to “win in the end” in an age when Americans are becoming more removed from Washington and distrusting the federal government and their elected officials.

“Tea Party forces will still win in the end,” Theda Skocpol writes, unless moderate Republicans can defeat them. Skocpol concedes that the Tea Party “will triumph just by hanging on long enough” as Americans are getting fed up by “our blatantly manipulated democracy and our permanently hobbled government.”

In spite of predictions by Democrats and the media that the Tea Party was dead after the government shutdown last year, Skocpol thinks otherwise

But we have heard all this before,” she writes. “The Tea Party’s hold on the GOP persists beyond each burial ceremony.”

“At the grassroots, volunteer activists formed hundreds of local Tea Parties, meeting regularly to plot public protests against the Obama Administration and place steady pressure on GOP organizations and candidates at all levels,” they found. “At least half of all GOP voters sympathize with this Tea Party upsurge.”

More at link: http://www.capitalisminstitute.org/tea-party-will-win/

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
Re: Harvard Professor: Tea Party “Will Win in the End”
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 12:41:58 am »
“Tea Party forces will still win in the end,” Theda Skocpol writes, unless moderate Republicans can defeat them. Skocpol concedes that the Tea Party “will triumph just by hanging on long enough” as Americans are getting fed up by “our blatantly manipulated democracy and our permanently hobbled government.”

Moderate Republicans got us into this mess to begin with. We're not letting them do it again!

I really expected to see the name of Professor Alan Dershowitz connected with this article.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 12:43:47 am »
Moderate Republicans got us into this mess to begin with. We're not letting them do it again!

I really expected to see the name of Professor Alan Dershowitz connected with this article.

And now we have people like Facebook founder Zuckerberg funding these moderate Republicans against conservative Republicans.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 12:45:59 am »
And now we have people like Facebook founder Zuckerberg funding these moderate Republicans against conservative Republicans.
Yes, Ma'am!
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 01:00:32 am »
And now we have people like Facebook founder Zuckerberg funding these moderate Republicans statists against conservative Republicans.

Fixed it for ya!!   :beer:

Offline Rapunzel

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 01:07:33 am »
Hmmm, a liberal professor - i.e., an "expert" - publicly stating that the Tea Party (which doesn't actually exist) will win unless moderate republicans can defeat them.

Hmmm, now what does that sound like?

It sounds like a liberal agit-prop mouthpiece trying to further foment divison and infighting within the republican party by goading moderates into attacking tea partiers with more gusto and goading tea partiers into more obstinately refusing to even consider anything the moderates might have to say, and goading tea partiers into favoring even more and more extreme candidates as a way of highlighting the supposed differences between themselves and the moderates.

Folks, if you take this person at face value, then you've been had.