Author Topic: Biden gaffes again  (Read 512 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden gaffes again
« on: March 18, 2014, 10:42:57 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/global-affairs/middle-east-north-africa/201100-biden-misspeaks-about-chairmanship-and-nato

March 18, 2014, 04:13 pm
Biden gaffes again

By Rebecca Shabad

Vice President Biden misspoke on Tuesday, claiming he had led the fight for Poland to join NATO when he served as chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

Biden, whose tendancy toward gaffes is well known, served as chairman from 2001 to 2003; Poland joined NATO in 1999.

“Fifteen years ago, I was honored, as the chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee, to lead the fight for Poland’s admission into NATO,” Biden said in Warsaw, Poland, on Tuesday during a visit to reassure allies as Russia moved to annex Crimea.

Bloomberg News first reported the gaffe.

Former Sen. Jesse Helms (R-N.C.) had been chairman of the committee at the time Poland campaigned to join NATO.

Helms initiated the floor debate over whether Poland, the Czech Republic and Hungary should join NATO, Bloomberg noted.

Biden did lead Democrats, who were in the minority, in approving the treaty resolution that accepted the countries into the organization.

Although he was skeptical about enlarging NATO in the early 1990s, Biden changed his mind by 1997.

That year, he traveled to Eastern European countries, including Poland, and compiled a congressional report about the trip in an effort to promote NATO enlargement.

Biden was co-chairman of the Senate NATO observer group at the time.

A year later, the Senate went on to approve the expansion of NATO to include Poland, Hungary and the Czech Republic in a 80 to 19 vote.   
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
Re: Biden gaffes again
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 10:45:29 pm »
So very predictable.   :chairbang:

I tell you, it is because he had his hair plugs installed with a ball-peen hammer. Seriously.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 10:47:36 pm »
Yep. It didn't take long. And I'm sure this is only the first of many embarrassments yet to come.

He is demented, but at least he is consistent and predictable.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 11:16:00 pm »
Yep. It didn't take long. And I'm sure this is only the first of many embarrassments yet to come.

He is demented, but at least he is consistent and predictable.

The best insurance plan that Obama could possibly have.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 12:58:17 am »
Was this about the time when algor's mother was singing the Union Label song to him on her knee?

(Even though he was a teenager?)

These leftist dopes just make things up to make themselves sound more important than they are.

IOW, they LIE..........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 01:25:24 am »
"Yah...my old Grandma back in Scranton used to keep an old Polack lady around to do the cooking and cleaning.  All that cabbage she fed Grandma made her fart something terrible!...."