Author Topic: Tim Allen's Last Man Standing TV show - hard on Obama  (Read 887 times)

Offline NavyCanDo

Tim Allen's Last Man Standing TV show - hard on Obama
« on: March 18, 2014, 04:12:59 am »
Last Man Standing - Staring Tim Allen

Home Improvement's Tim Allen has another family comedy Last Man Standing, now is in its 3rd season but I'm just now getting into it. Tim plays a manager of a sportsman store, who has a popular conservative political blog, and three daughters at home. The youngest a strong conservative like him, the oldest a liberal, and the middle a cute but clueless airhead. Unlike other comedies that pit liberal and conservative family members against each other, in this show the conservatives seems to  always win the battles and have the argument that makes sense.   I'm not sure who the writers of the show are, but if its there intention to get a conservative message out they are doing a good job at it.     democrats, Obama, Obamacare,  Biden and even  Hillary are the brunt of many jokes on the show.

Here is a taste of just one episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFmkyZd1rZ0
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Re: Tim Allen's Last Man Standing TV show - hard on Obama
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 04:15:50 am »
Tim Allen leans conservative/libertarian.

On the set of "Home Improvement," he and Patricia Richardson were always arguing as she is a flaming liberal feminist.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 04:15:53 am »
I love Tim Allen - we used to watch Home Improvement every week....... I keep forgetting to watch this show.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 04:22:24 am »
Oh that was funny, Navy.  My husband would have loved this show... he couldn't stand  Obama either and he like Tim Allen.

BTW not to threadjack - but did you know Christmas With the Kranks was written by John Grisham?  I have watched it at least a dozen times and just noticed this trivial info the other night.  Would have never guessed.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 06:15:51 am »
I just watched all of this season online... this show is very good ... and very funny! 

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 09:53:13 am »
I just watched all of this season online... this show is very good ... and very funny!

If you haven't already, grab a copy of his autobiography, "Don't Stand Too Close To A Naked Man." Funny as all get out, painfully honest yet hilarious about his stint in prison, and written in the same laid back, conversational style he does his best material in.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 12:24:34 pm »
I can't seem to get past the first half of the pilot episode. Does the series get any better?

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 07:04:01 pm »
I can't seem to get past the first half of the pilot episode. Does the series get any better?

I never claimed it was a great TV show that will survive 15 seasons, but it does poke a lot of fun at Obama and that is entertaining in itself.  Name one other TV show that will do that episode after episode.   Some of us like the humor style of Tim Allen be it on stage or even on a hokey sit-com, and he is a conservative in real life so I think he enjoys the roll.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 07:20:32 pm »
I used to have an old VCR  recording of a Tim Allen stand up routine, about the time or earlier, than Home Improvement.   It was THE funniest stand up routine I have ever watched.   I mean, rolling over with tears streaming down your face, side-splitting hilarity!   I wish I could find that thing--I have no idea where it went.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 08:26:41 pm »
YouTube! Almost anything that's ever been committed to film or tape or digital can be found on youtube.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2014, 09:13:27 pm »
I used to have an old VCR  recording of a Tim Allen stand up routine, about the time or earlier, than Home Improvement.   It was THE funniest stand up routine I have ever watched.   I mean, rolling over with tears streaming down your face, side-splitting hilarity!   I wish I could find that thing--I have no idea where it went.

I remember that, George had it on Video take - IIRC it was a HBO special from the early 80's.. I think this was what made us start watching Home Improvement.  I haven't seen much from him I don't like with perhaps the exception to the Amish movie he made with Kirstie Alley.