Author Topic: Secretary Kerry: U.S. To Send Scientists To Discuss Homosexuality With Ugandan President  (Read 787 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lesterfeder/sec-kerry-us-to-send-scientists-to-discuss-homosexuality-wit

The Ugandan president committed to meeting with American “experts” on homosexuality to try to change his mind about the Anti-Homosexuality Act signed into law last month, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said on Tuesday during a forum at the State Department moderated by BuzzFeed.

Museveni claimed to have signed the law, which imposes up to a lifetime prison sentence for homosexuality, after being convinced no one is “born gay.”

“I talked personally to President Museveni just a few weeks ago, and he committed to meet with some of our experts so that we could engage him in a dialogue as to why what he did could not be based on any kind of science or fact, which is what he was alleging,” Kerry said. “He welcomed that and said that he was happy to receive them and we can engage in that kind of conversation… maybe we can reach a point of reconsideration.”

Kerry suggested this conversation was an example of the “tailored approach” the State Department is now developing to respond to anti-LGBT laws currently in place in around 80 countries worldwide. Shortly before his remarks, the Congressional Black Caucus sent a letter to Kerry urging it to examine relations with all countries with anti-LGBT laws, not just Uganda.

:thud:

Offline happyg

One would think Kerry had more important things to do than waste money on something that isn't his business.

Offline musiclady

This is the only "foreign policy" this administration cares anything about.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I hope the delegation gets a Sparta greeting from Uganda.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ0c1K5Ov9A
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The Ugandan president committed to meeting with American “experts” on homosexuality ...

I'd pay good money to be a fly on the wall of THIS meeting.    :smokin:

Offline Howie66

I'd pay good money to be a fly on the wall of THIS meeting.    :smokin:

Trust me, YOU are paying good money for this circle jerk.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline kevindavis007

The world is coming close to falling apart, and yet this bozo is concerned about gay rights??
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Howie66

The world is coming close to falling apart, and yet this bozo is concerned about gay rights??

He gots his priorities.

Oceander

And this is why the US is currently the laughing-stock of the world.