Author Topic: Prison Is Just A Résumé Builder For Democrats  (Read 454 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Prison Is Just A Résumé Builder For Democrats
« on: March 18, 2014, 08:39:17 pm »
http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/03/17/prison-is-just-a-resume-builder-for-democrats/

Prison Is Just A Résumé Builder For Democrats

by
Stephen Kruiser

March 17, 2014 - 4:03 pm

Internship.

Former Louisiana Governor Edwin Edwards, who had served an eight-year prison term on racketeering charges, said on Monday he will seek election to the U.S. Congress.

The 86-year-old Democrat, who was released from prison about three years ago, will campaign for the seat currently held by Republican Bill Cassidy, who is running for the U.S. Senate.

“I’ve given a great deal of thought to this … and I acknowledge that there are good reasons why I should not run … but there are better reasons why I should,” Edwards told reporters at the press club in Baton Rouge, part of the district he is seeking to represent.

“I haven’t had this much attention since the trial,” he quipped.

Edwards said he is eligible to run for the U.S. House seat because nothing in the U.S. Constitution precludes a felon from becoming a member of Congress.

Well, shame might give someone pause about jumping back into that kind of media spotlight. But we’re talking about a Democrat here. This is kind of their thing, especially in Illinois.

Look for a Ray Nagin presidential run in 15-20 years, depending on the parole board.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Re: Prison Is Just A Résumé Builder For Democrats
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 08:53:22 pm »
Oooooooooo..................for a Democrat, imprisonment for racketeering is a particularly stellar resume enhancer!     :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 08:59:22 pm »
Oooooooooo..................for a Democrat, imprisonment for racketeering is a particularly stellar resume enhancer!     :smokin:

Right up there with Vehicular Homicide, Rape, Perjury and Choom Sessions.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 09:05:11 pm »
Edwards said he is eligible to run for the U.S. House seat because nothing in the U.S. Constitution precludes a felon from becoming a member of Congress.

He's right! Nothing to prevent that at all save the good sense of the people doing the electing.

We already have an impeached federal Judge serving in congress. Alcee Hastings D. currently represents Florida's 20th congressional district. He served as a Judge on the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida from 1979 until his impeachment and removal from that post in 1989, and is one of only eight federal officials in American history to be impeached and removed from office.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcee_Hastings
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 09:13:23 pm »
He's right! Nothing to prevent that at all save the good sense of the people doing the electing.

We already have an impeached federal Judge serving in congress. Alcee Hastings D. currently represents Florida's 20th congressional district. He served as a Judge on the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida from 1979 until his impeachment and removal from that post in 1989, and is one of only eight federal officials in American history to be impeached and removed from office.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcee_Hastings

Kinda says something about his "constituents" eh? Especially the ones that are still breathing...
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.