Author Topic: Tea party-backed candidate drops out of Colorado Senate race  (Read 455 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Tea party-backed candidate drops out of Colorado Senate race
« on: March 18, 2014, 03:55:47 pm »
Tea party-backed candidate drops out of Colorado Senate race

Alexis Levinson
Political Reporter

Colorado Republican State Sen. Owen Hill ended his Senate campaign Tuesday night and threw his support behind Republican Rep. Cory Gardner, leaving the party largely united behind Gardner to challenge incumbent Democratic Sen. Mark Udall.

“Today I am ending my campaign for the US Senate,” Hill wrote in an email to supporters Tuesday night. “Thank you for your relentless help and encouragement during this journey. Congressman Cory Gardner has the best chance of defeating Mark Udall in November and I pray that he does.”

Gardner made a late entry into the Senate race, announcing at the end of February after previously declaring that he would not run. With a weak field of Republican contenders considered unlikely to beat Udall, Gardner’s decision to jump in seemed to put the seat in play. Two of the previously announced Republicans moved to clear the way for him — state Rep. Amy Stephens dropped out of the race, and Weld County District Attorney Ken Buck switched races, opting to run for Gardner’s House seat instead.

snip

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/18/tea-party-backed-candidate-drops-out-of-colorado-senate-race/#ixzz2wKWacZrR

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A very encouraging sign of intelligent life in the Tea Party.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln