Author Topic: Schultz drinks Guinness on air to honor them for supporting gay activists  (Read 934 times)

rangerrebew

Schultz Drinks Guinness On Air to Honor Them for Supporting Gay Activists

Ed Schultz praised Guinness for pulling out of the New York St. Patrick's Day Parade and drank their product on air.

|
 Elisha Krauss |

Ed Schultz drank Guinness Beer on air to honor them for pulling out of the St. Patrick's Day Parade in New York City in support of gay activists.  Guinness pulled out  because the parade organizers would not allow LGBT groups to march while carrying banners with their sexual or political affiliation.

While talking to a guest about the decision of Guinness to no longer sponsor the famed parade, Schultz explained:

This is a, uh, Guinness beer, they were going to be a big sponsor of this.

Then, clicking the glass, Schultz continued to say while pouring:

In fact, it's after 5 o'clock. I think I'll have a couple of cool ones.

Schultz showed two bottles of beer to the camera and told his guest, who was in Washington D.C., that he had an extra beer for him to chug if he had been in the same studio.. He then asked rhetorically what it meant for Guinness and other beer companies for Guinness to pull out of the parade, and answered himself:

They want everyone to drink their beer I would imagine, including Big Eddie!

Schultz then took a sip as his guest opined that Guinness would see a surge in their sales based on word of mouth.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/schultz-drinks-guinness-air-honor-them-supporting-gay-activists
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 02:55:45 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
He really needs to dry out.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Guinness isn't beer. It's a stout. Get it right, Shultz.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Howie66

Guinness isn't beer. It's a stout. Get it right, Shultz.
Ain't gonna happen.

Schultz is in the bag, 24/7. He'll never get anything right.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Ain't gonna happen.

Schultz is in the bag, 24/7. He'll never get anything right.

Politics, religion, science, economics - I can forgive the plastic bobbleheads on TV for getting those wrong.

Beer, though? No chance.

Offline R4 TrumPence

I thought it was against some law or something for news people to actually drink alcohol on live TV? Or is that just a FOX rule? :shrug:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I thought it was against some law or something for news people to actually drink alcohol on live TV? Or is that just a FOX rule? :shrug:

Not illegal, per se. If it was, Chris Matthew's gin glass would be in jeopardy. Though they are not supposed to show labels or endorse any particular brand.

Offline Howie66

Politics, religion, science, economics - I can forgive the plastic bobbleheads on TV for getting those wrong.

Beer, though? No chance.
No argument, there! No, Sir!  :beer:

rangerrebew

It seems to me this parade isn't intended to be a political forum and keeping groups from turning it into such is not such a terrible thing.  Go back to the Kennedy assassination.  Would the government have allowed gays and lesbians to carry protest signs as part of the parade?  Of course not.  The purpose of the parade determines the rightness of who belongs in it and the St. Patrick's Day parade is about St. Patrick, not civil rights.

Offline Howie66

It seems to me this parade isn't intended to be a political forum and keeping groups from turning it into such is not such a terrible thing.  Go back to the Kennedy assassination.  Would the government have allowed gays and lesbians to carry protest signs as part of the parade?  Of course not.  The purpose of the parade determines the rightness of who belongs in it and the St. Patrick's Day parade is about St. Patrick, not civil rights.

Maybe the homos need to have their parades in conjunction with Martin Luther King Day?

rangerrebew

Maybe the homos need to have their parades in conjunction with Martin Luther King Day?

How about a Ramadan parade?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
How about a Ramadan parade?

If you parse that into three syllables, they would love it. Except maybe Dan.