Author Topic: Tin Pot Power-Grab: AP Pushes Back Against Obama Press Control  (Read 354 times)

Offline happyg

Demands “Independent Coverage,” White House putsch – rewrites FOIA to suppress release of politically sensitive documents

The Obama White House routinely bars news media from meetings with foreign leaders and other events, then releases its own photos of those events —

The presidents of the American Society of Newspaper Editors and the Associated Press Media Editors have urged their members to stop using White House handout photos and video, saying they amount to propaganda.

This is quite stunning coming from the very left of center Obama-loving mainstream media. But what they are not doing is reporting on these totalitarian tactics. Our freedoms are being crushed without a shot fired or a NY Times front page.

Obama may be governing like some third world tinpot dictator, but America is (was?) the world’s superpower, and the implications of these totalitarian moves are seismic.

The remnants of what once was a free press in America are meekly fighting back.

The AP is leading the charge to get access back, but they are still polishing his knob. Look at how they are reporting the story: “the Associated Press is seeking to broaden independent news coverage of the White House under an administration that is hypersensitive about its image and which frequently bars the press from events involving President Barack Obama.” They aren’t seeking to “broaden coverage of the Obama administration,” they are trying to get access.

The Obama Administration cited national security when withholding information from FOIA requests more than 8,000 times in 2013, the Associated Press reports. That’s a “57 percent increase over a year earlier and more than double Obama’s first year, when it cited that reason 3,658 times,” Ted Bridis and Jack Gillum write.

Not only is Obama shutting out the press, but the Obama White House is rewriting the FOIA (Freedom of Information Act)  to suppress the release of politically sensitive documents. President Obama rewrote the Freedom of Information Act without telling the rest of America.

Imagine if a Republican ever attempted such a vicious and totalitarian power grab. Obama is the anti-freedom President.

More of article at link:

- See more at: http://pamelageller.com/2014/03/tin-pot-power-grab-ap-pushes-back-obama-press-control-demands-independent-coverage-white-house-unfettered-whitehouse-re-writes-foia-suppress-release-politically-sensitive-docu.html/#sthash.61QRc5OY.dpuf

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Tin Pot Power-Grab: AP Pushes Back Against Obama Press Control
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 12:26:43 am »

The AP is leading the charge to get access back, but they are still polishing his knob

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 12:33:34 am »
The AP is leading the charge to get access back, but they are still polishing his knob

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

That's a good line! Obama treats the media like sh*t, but they keep crawling back for more, like abused housewives.

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 12:37:05 am »
Well.....they are good little knob polishers, aren't they?

"THANK YOU, SIR!! MAY I HAVE ANOTHER??"
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.