Author Topic: Chelsea Clinton’s advice: Have a date night  (Read 758 times)

Offline happyg

Chelsea Clinton’s advice: Have a date night
« on: March 17, 2014, 10:52:07 pm »
By KATIE GLUECK | 3/17/14 1:32 PM EDT

Chelsea Clinton has some advice for married couples: have a date night and talk a lot.

Clinton, the daughter of former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, is married to Marc Mezvinsky. His mother, Marjorie Margolies, is running for Congress in the Philadelphia area.
Continue Reading

“Even when I’m working very hard and my husband, Marc, is working very hard, we prioritize time together,” Clinton said during a segment of “Mondays with Marlo,” hosted by actress and activist Marlo Thomas.

“Sometimes that means there are weeks where we don’t really see our friends, but we ensure that every week at least we have one date night. And we ensure that if we’re really tired one night, we don’t talk about our days. That’s OK, but we never have two days where we don’t talk about our days.”

Clinton said it’s useful to focus on “little things like that, that might sound manufactured, but that are really important to the discipline of maintaining strong communication and the bonds that are so important to each of us.”

Her father will stump for Margolies, her mother-in-law, at a fundraiser next month.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/03/chelsea-clinton-marriage-advice-104736.html#ixzz2wGNx08aN

Offline mountaineer

Re: Chelsea Clinton’s advice: Have a date night
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 10:59:34 pm »
“Even when I’m working very hard and my husband, Marc, is working very hard, we prioritize time together,” Clinton said
They work pretty hard for people without actual jobs. Marc prioritized his time three years ago by running out on Chelz to become a ski bum. Apparently, someone "persuaded" him to return to NYC and his lovely bride.

In related news, Bill Clinton hates his son-in-law, according to a site called Showbiz Spy:
Bill Clinton Hates Chelsea Clinton’s Husband Marc Mezvinsky
Wednesday August 28, 2013

BILL Clinton hates his son-in-law!  The former President apparently can’t stand daughter Chelsea Clinton‘s husband Marc Mezvinsky.

Bill gave Marc the cold shoulder by not inviting him on a sun-loving Hamptons’ family getaway OR on a recent star-studded trip to Africa for one of Bill’s passionate causes, raising awareness of that conti­nent’s rampant poverty.

Earlier this month, the Clintons rented an $11 million estate in the tony town of Sagaponack, N.Y. They reportedly invited family and friends to stay with them at the lavish mansion, which boasts six bedrooms, a heated pool and a private path to the beach – but they didn’t ask Marc along, according to the National Enquirer.

It was claimed Chelsea was a no-show because she was finishing her dissertation in Oxford, England, and that Marc was “working on a business deal” in Manhattan.

But sources tell a different story!

“That’s a real put-down to Marc,” said a source. “Bill can’t stand Chelsea’s hubby!

“Chelsea is heartbroken by her dad’s continued slights.

“Truth is Bill has nev­er warmed to Marc. He’d rather be around a brainy guy like Jesse Eisenberg.”

The source says that Bill has had it out for Marc ever since he quit his Wall Street job just six months after he married Chelsea in 2010, so that he could “sort his head out”.

Marc lived the life of a ski bum for a while in Wyoming and left Bill’s baby girl to fend for herself in New York.

“Running out on Chelsea while they were still newlyweds left Bill fuming,” said the source.

“Chelsea remembers the great relation­ship her dad had with her former college boyfriend, Ian Klaus.

“Ian is everything Bill thinks Marc isn’t – a whip-smart Rhodes Scholar with lots of interests.

“Plus, Ian has a friendly and outgoing personality, something Marc lacks. Bill finds him a bit of a bore.

“It’s one thing to not be particularly buddy-buddy with your father-in-law, but to be frozen out repeat­edly has to be devastating.”
link

I read it on the internet, so it must be true.  :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline happyg

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 11:14:38 pm »
People would be smart to skip taking advice from a Clinton. Period!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 11:30:41 pm »
And we ensure that if we’re really tired one night, we don’t talk about our days. That’s OK, but we never have two days where we don’t talk about our days.”

Deep thoughts by Chelsea Clinton.     :whistle:

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 11:33:40 pm »
“Even when I’m working very hard and my husband, Marc, is working very hard, we prioritize time together,” Clinton said during a segment of “Mondays with Marlo,” hosted by actress and activist Marlo Thomas.

Oh, dear God---Marlo Thomas?  She's still around?  Don't any of these libs ever die off? 

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 11:39:22 pm »
yah....like none of us old dumbasses who have been married for a couple of decades never figured that one out for themselves.  It takes a second-generation frickin' Clintonian village idiot to tell us that.....

And I still think Chelsea is washing as much forehead as Web Hubble......

:smokin:

Online rustynail

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 11:40:55 pm »
Now Chelsea don't be bossy.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 11:59:08 am »
Deep thoughts by Chelsea Clinton.     :whistle:
Straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline happyg

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 12:06:27 pm »
Straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

:silly: It amazes me that people who know so little about so much never shut up!

rangerrebew

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2014, 01:36:23 pm »
OH, OH! How profound and deep!   :hands: Chelsea for President!!  :hands: :hands:  Chirs Matthews has a tingle on his leg again! :broc:

:3:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2014, 03:02:52 pm »
Oh, dear God---Marlo Thomas?  She's still around?  Don't any of these libs ever die off?

She's one of those plastic surgery wonders, Lipstick.

She's old and instead of aging gracefully, she turned herself into a grotesque mannequin.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2014, 03:05:52 pm »

Eventually, yes. But they never, ever go away...
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2014, 04:18:39 pm »
Eventually, yes. But they never, ever go away...

Nope - they just keep voting.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink