Author Topic: 2 killed as KOMO News helicopter crashes beside Space Needle  (Read 495 times)

Offline NavyCanDo

2 killed as KOMO News helicopter crashes beside Space Needle
« on: March 18, 2014, 05:34:22 pm »

Horrible news coming from downtown Seattle.    The KOMO News building is just accross the street from Seattle center and the Space Needle. Its Helicopter comes and goes several times a day from the heloport on top of the building.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/News-helicopter-crashes-burns-beside-Space-Needle-250790281.html

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
Re: 2 killed as KOMO News helicopter crashes beside Space Needle
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 05:42:38 pm »
Horrible news coming from downtown Seattle.    The KOMO News building is just accross the street from Seattle center and the Space Needle. Its Helicopter comes and goes several times a day from the heloport on top of the building.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/News-helicopter-crashes-burns-beside-Space-Needle-250790281.html

Wow! Very sad news there!
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: 2 killed as KOMO News helicopter crashes beside Space Needle
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 06:57:46 pm »
Nasty one...both people in the helo were killed, hopefully on impact or they burned to death.  Sounds like they got out of ground effect and lost lift on one side and hit something.  Naval helicopters have had accidents of this nature trying to land on a ship and the helipad on a tall building is not that much different other than it is not moving.