Author Topic: The Raid on an Oil Tanker by the Navy SEALS Ordered by Obama Himself  (Read 793 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The Raid on an Oil Tanker by the Navy SEALS Ordered by Obama Himself

U.S. Navy SEALs boarded and seized control of an oil tanker Sunday night that was held by Libyan rebels off the Cyprus coast.

The mission was approved by President Obama, according a Pentagon press statement.

“The boarding operation, approved by President Obama and conducted just after 10 p.m. EDT on March 16 in international waters southeast of Cypress, was executed by a team of U.S. Navy SEALs attached to Special Operations Command Europe,” Rear Adm. John Kirby, Pentagon Press secretary, said Monday.

The elite special forces seized the tanker – held by three Libyan rebels – after it evaded a naval blockade and the ship sailed out of a Libyan port. The Department of Defense said no one was injured in the operation.

The seizure mission was designed to halt attempts by the rebels to sell petroleum on the global market, and was ordered “at the request of both the Libyan and Cypriot governments,” Kirby said:

“The Morning Glory is carrying a cargo of oil owned by the Libyan government National Oil Company. The ship and its cargo were illicitly obtained … The SEAL team embarked and operated from the guided missile destroyer USS Roosevelt (DDG-80). USS Roosevelt provided helicopter support and served as a command and control and support platform for the other members of the force assigned to conduct the mission.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/17/the-raid-on-an-oil-tanker-by-the-navy-seals-ordered-by-obama-himself/

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline flowers

Re: The Raid on an Oil Tanker by the Navy SEALS Ordered by Obama Himself
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 06:15:27 pm »
Why did Obama order this?

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 06:16:41 pm »

Because it was successful!   {{{rimshot}}}
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 06:18:56 pm »

and was ordered “at the request of both the Libyan and Cypriot governments,” Kirby said:
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 06:32:24 pm »
and was ordered “at the request of both the Libyan and Cypriot governments,” Kirby said:
I saw that....but what is the real reason?  4 americans requested help in Benghazi and obie was MIA. Why this event? Does the oil belong to his muzzie budies?

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 12:20:30 am »
I saw that....but what is the real reason?  4 americans requested help in Benghazi and obie was MIA. Why this event? Does the oil belong to his muzzie budies?

I would say "YES, Indeed" would be the correct answer. he's going to have their backs before he would think about having our backs.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 12:21:43 am »

goopo
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 12:33:55 am »
The headline says "Ordered" by Obama as if he was sitting in a tall leather chair at the head if a table full of national security and Military brass and who launched His daring plan.   The correct term is "authorize".   They were going to board by force a ship flying another countrie's flag, and that would require an executive level authorization. It is protocol. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 12:37:11 am »
It was stolen from a Libyan port a few weeks ago so we just stole it back for the Libyan governement  - or someone. No one really knows who the ship belongs to, it was flying a NK flag, but now NK says we know nothing about any ship........ so  :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 12:41:22 am »
The headline says "Ordered" by Obama as if he was sitting in a tall leather chair at the head if a table full of national security and Military brass and who launched His daring plan.   The correct term is "authorize".   They were going to board by force a ship flying another countrie's flag, and that would require an executive level authorization. It is protocol.

Even Fox News has been saying all day that Obama "ordered" the "highly successful raid."
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2014, 01:48:20 am »

To the media, Obama is their master so he 'ordered' to them.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2014, 08:57:21 am »

Dammit, DCP. You owe me a keyboard.  :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink