Author Topic: Biazaro common core kindergarten math homework stumps dad with PhD  (Read 481 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
  • �It�s easier to fool people than to convince them
"You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves." — Abraham Lincoln

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Biazaro common core kindergarten math homework stumps dad with PhD
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 02:41:26 PM »
Wait till his child gets to 4th, 5th and 6th grade. He aint seen nothing yet.

And as far as this "Write a subtraction story"  assignment.   I can explain it by writting a couple.

There were 7ducks flying over the pond.   Dad shot 2. How many ducks flew away?

If the field dress weight of a deer was 115 pounds and it yielded 65 pounds of meet, how many pounds of the deer was not used?

8 adults were on the School Board. 1 was fired for friending a 12 year old girl on Facebook. How many are left?

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 02:46:49 PM »
This is a great video warning you of the math being taught.    My son is now in 6th grade and we seen him being hit with this from Kindergarten through 4th grade.  They ended it by the time he got to 5th grade and for a short time went back to regular math, but now in 6th grade its all algebra weather they are ready for it or not.

Math Education: An Inconvenient Truth .

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr1qee-bTZI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr1qee-bTZI</a>
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 03:56:15 PM »
Wait till his child gets to 4th, 5th and 6th grade. He aint seen nothing yet.

And as far as this "Write a subtraction story"  assignment.   I can explain it by writting a couple.

There were 7ducks flying over the pond.   Dad shot 2. How many ducks flew away?

If the field dress weight of a deer was 115 pounds and it yielded 65 pounds of meet, how many pounds of the deer was not used?

8 adults were on the School Board. 1 was fired for friending a 12 year old girl on Facebook. How many are left?
:silly:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf