Author Topic: iPhone users are disappointed with the iOS 7.1 software update that's draining their batteries, erasing their contacts, and flipping their keyboards  (Read 838 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2581669/I-phone-users-disappointed-iOS-7-1-software-update-thats-draining-batteries-erasing-contacts-disorienting-keyboards.html

With every new I-phone software update comes the potential for problems and the iOS 7.1 released on Monday is no exception.

Customer's say it's killing their phone batteries among other pesky glitches.

The iOS7.1 is the first major update to Apple's newest operating systems for iPhones and iPads and the apple community is lamenting poor battery charges, disappearing contacts, bad Bluetooth connections, keyboards oriented the wrong way, and the list goes on, reports the Huffington Post.

(excerpted)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I overheard at church yesterday a conversation an iPhone user was having. She was already looking into a new phone (Samsung Galaxy, I think). She used to love that iPhone when she got it.

I wonder if this is what is prompting her to switch over.

Offline aligncare

Yep, my iPad is behaving badly since the last update. I'm tired of these "improvements."

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Yep, my iPad is behaving badly since the last update. I'm tired of these "improvements."
I get the sense of deja vu here.

The same things that have been happening after Steve Jobs left Apple the first time are now happening again since he died. Except this time, it's not Microsoft taking the market share; it's Google (Android).