Author Topic:  (Read 365 times)

Offline Rapunzel

« on: March 17, 2014, 03:39:51 AM »

Offline olde north church

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 09:32:40 AM »
These days you can't get researchers to work on a mouse without screaming Luddite animal rights activists shrieking like a transvestite after a wig gets yanked off.  Religious cranks preventing other research on embryoes.  We do live in a new Dark Age. **nononono*
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 09:46:30 AM by olde north church »
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline mountaineer

• Paranoid Hillbilly
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 01:19:17 PM »
“Hell hath no fury like a vested interest masquerading as a moral principle.” - Ryan T Anderson

Offline happyg

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 01:53:40 PM »
I have been in many long term care facilities, in the Alheimer's/dementia unit. All of them were full, and the people had different lifestyles. I did notice that most of the had some type diabetes, but don't know the correlation. In the past few years, more and more residents are under 60, with some as young as in their 30s and 40s. My husband was 64 when he was formally diagnosed, but the onset was sooner.

I hope this study helps those people. My husband's aunt died from it at a very old age. She was a nun. An uncle, who was a priest also died from the disease, and I wonder about his family. I promised his kids I would keep up with the information, but it's doubtful they would want to know they have it. It's such a horrible disease.

My dad died a year before Pat with ALS, another disease I have prayed for a cure. It is the opposite of Alzheimer's. I told Mom I wish I could put Dad's head on Pat's body, but that made her cry, and then, so did I. I was a rough time for both of us.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 03:16:51 PM »
They use to call old people "gray" or "grey".
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf