Author Topic: John Bolton: Sending John Kerry To Negotiate With Russians Is Like Having A ‘Cupcake Negotiate With A Steakknife’  (Read 689 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/03/121820-john-bolton-sending-john-kerry-negotiate-russians-like-cupcake-negotiate-steakknife/

John Bolton: Sending John Kerry To Negotiate With Russians Is Like Having A ‘Cupcake Negotiate With A Steakknife’

Former U.N. Ambassador John Bolton has been an outspoken critic of the Obama administration’s foreign policy, but this latest comparison literally “takes the cake.” While appearing on Fox News to discuss the referendum in the Crimea to join Russia, Bolton discussed the weak sanctions America is taking against Russia:

“I don’t think [the sanctions] will have much impact. I think the Obama administration and the Europeans are demonstrating weakness, these sanctions are pinpricks, and y’know we sent Secretary of State John Kerry to London to negotiate with Russian foreign minister Sergei Lavrov, that’s like sending a cupcake to negotiate with a steak knife.”

Bolton continued to describe the collective failure of leadership in the West, which he says has ignored these threats for five years, and is now seeing the consequences of this inattentiveness. Finally, he predicts that Putin will use the Crimea to get what he “really wants, which is a government subservient to Russia.”

Meanwhile, Obama is defending his wearing of mom-pants to Ryan Seacrest in an attempt to sell Obamacare to young people.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline PzLdr

That's gonna leave a mark  :chairbang:. The problem is that the target has no nerve endings, ganglia or brain cells to feel it.  :whistle:
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
I really like John Bolton and his candor.

I would LOVE to see him become the next Secretary of State. He would be a vast improvement over Hanoi John Effin Kerry.

Talk about an immediate restoration of TRUST from our Allies and FEAR into our Enemies.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
That's gonna leave a mark  :chairbang:. The problem is that the target has no nerve endings, ganglia or brain cells to feel it.  :whistle:

Agreed. However it would be a hoot to work up a good sweat trying to inflict pain on that scumbag.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

This is sad.  I had more respect for John Bolton.  He didn't need to make that statement to make his points.

How far ALL our leaders have fallen.   **nononono*