Author Topic: GOP to avoid ‘traveling circus’ for 2016 primary debates; Priebus nixes liberal moderators  (Read 4086 times)

Offline sinkspur

They didn't GOTV. That is irrefutable.

As for the fundies we don't know people didn't vote for Romney because of his religion.   There is a lot that took place the day everyone voted that never should have happened and one was that fancy schmancy new cell phone ap thingy that they hadn't tested and failed.

Conservatives didn't vote in the numbers needed.  Romney beat Obama in Moderates and Independents.

Blaming Priebus for Romney's loss is like saying the owner of the Denver Broncos was responsible for their loss in the Super Bowl. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline xyno

Congratulations to the Chairman on a prudent course of action.

Yes

Offline Rapunzel

And that is Priebus' fault?  Good grief!  There were many factors and we know a good many of them but it seems to me the failure of GOTV was something that God himself wasn't going to overcome withe the party puritans in 2012.

Yes, he is in charge of the RNC.   Up until 2012 GOTV was done by the candidates campaign. In 2012 Preibus decided the RNC would be the people in charge of the GOP GOTV including the GOTV for the Romney campaign instead of the Romney campaign. 

This was not "party puritans" this was a lousy GOTV program and  and a lousy job of stopping fraud - things like allowing Republican poll-watchers to be kicked out of polling areas - sometimes for hours at a time and when they returned they found the votes had been 100% for Democrats while they were out...... they didn't challenge being kicked out of the vote for Allen West (for example) where the Republicans were kicked out and overnight the vote changed from West to his challenger...   they never challenged known fraud in Ohio or PA, either...... so don't tell me it is "purists" that is a cop out.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline xyno

Hmmm... I see.  I'm copping out.  There was no one who stayed home because of Governor Romney's Mormonism?  Or his "moderate" positions?  It wasn't any of that.  Copping out.

Copping out.

Bull$hit.

But, have it your way.

Offline katzenjammer

Yes, he is in charge of the RNC.   Up until 2012 GOTV was done by the candidates campaign. In 2012 Preibus decided the RNC would be the people in charge of the GOP GOTV including the GOTV for the Romney campaign instead of the Romney campaign. 

This was not "party puritans" this was a lousy GOTV program and  and a lousy job of stopping fraud - things like allowing Republican poll-watchers to be kicked out of polling areas - sometimes for hours at a time and when they returned they found the votes had been 100% for Democrats while they were out...... they didn't challenge being kicked out of the vote for Allen West (for example) where the Republicans were kicked out and overnight the vote changed from West to his challenger...   they never challenged known fraud in Ohio or PA, either...... so don't tell me it is "purists" that is a cop out.

goopo

Offline sinkspur

Hmmm... I see.  I'm copping out.  There was no one who stayed home because of Governor Romney's Mormonism?  Or his "moderate" positions?  It wasn't any of that.  Copping out.

Copping out.

Bull$hit.

But, have it your way.

The unappeasables will NEVER admit that they cost Romney the election because they didn't turn out to vote.

It was all Reince Preibus' fault!!!!

Offline xyno

The unappeasables will NEVER admit that they cost Romney the election because they didn't turn out to vote.

I have been corrected.  Let's replace Priebus.  Let's do it with Ted Cruz.  He can surely get out the vote.

Oceander

I'm not so sure they "cost" Romney the election; that's a little to facile an explanation for what happened.

Offline xyno

I'm not so sure they "cost" Romney the election; that's a little to facile an explanation for what happened.

Perhaps Oceander, but no more so than saying we should be replacing Priebus.  There is a wave election coming and we still have people who are weeding the garden in self defeating ways.  Get the primaries out of the way and then lets get to work for God's sake.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 02:14:30 am by xyno »

Offline sinkspur

It's no more facile than to assert that Reince Priebus was at fault  for Romney's loss.   

Oceander

It's no more facile than to assert that Reince Priebus was at fault  for Romney's loss.   

Fair enough; but "did too" is not really a great rejoinder to "did not" is it?

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
Serious question:

He'd be replaced by, who?
How about the guy or gal that actually WON a campaign or two? There are a few out here in the country that could not do worse that what Priebus has done.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members

GOP to avoid ‘traveling circus’ for 2016 primary debates; Priebus nixes liberal moderators

This is good news!

This is how I imagine it will go.

Moderator: The next question is for Governor Walker.

Governor Walker, how do you feel about the definition of marriage and a woman's RIGHT to chose?

REPLY: A woman's right to chose what? Her choice of mandate to work three jobs to make ends meet? The federal government should not mandate anyones birth control or abortion nor should tax payers have to pay for it. In this country human life should be first and foremost over the life of a turtle egg which renders punishment and fines. The definition of what marriage is means absolutely nothing when people have lost their health insurance and can't find a job. I have heard some married couples got a divorce to serve them better on their credit ratings when their foreclosure hit. Can we please discuss the economy now?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 02:35:27 am by Gazoo »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
[[ IF the GOP were really serious about playing to win, the first thing that would happen is REINCE PRIEBUS (aka Debbie Wasserman-Schultz's Kid Brother) would be ejected as GOP Chair and replaced with someone else. ]]

Agreed.

Perhaps it's impolite to ask, but who would name their kid "Reince" anyway, especially with the last name of "Priebus" ???

Oceander

Copping out.

Bull$hit.

But, have it your way.

I am afraid that there probably were a number of people who stayed home and sat on their hands because Romney is a mormon.  thankfully, as near as I can tell, none of those folks are here.

Offline sinkspur

How about the guy or gal that actually WON a campaign or two? There are a few out here in the country that could not do worse that what Priebus has done.

Psst.  Priebus is doing a good job.  That's why those who asked him to head the RNC want him to continue.

You really have no idea what you're talking about.  You seem to just want to fire everybody who's in any position of authority or by virtue of election.  Burn the place down.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members

Offline R4 TrumPence

Conservatives didn't vote in the numbers needed.  Romney beat Obama in Moderates and Independents.

Blaming Priebus for Romney's loss is like saying the owner of the Denver Broncos was responsible for their loss in the Super Bowl.

So the essence of this is that the GOP does need the Tea party to win!

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline sinkspur

So the essence of this is that the GOP does need the Tea party to win!

No, the essence of this is that if the Tea Party doesn't get the candidate they want for President, they'll vote for the Democrat by staying home.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members

No, the essence of this is that if the Tea Party doesn't get the candidate they want for President, they'll vote for the Democrat by staying home.

To be fair, tit for tat,

Fixed it for ya...

No, the essence of this is that if the GOPe doesn't get the candidate they want for President, they'll result to calling them- wacko-birds, they'll do anything to keep the chairmanships, insider trading slush funds, votes for their pay raises and power, they'll demonize conservatives even better than the liberals do and they'll vote for the Democrat by staying home.

Either way, look who wins. I wonder if they are laughing their asses off over at DU, Daily KOS and media matters yet?