Author Topic: Obama will ignore Sunday's referendum in Crimea  (Read 656 times)

rangerrebew

Obama will ignore Sunday's referendum in Crimea
« on: March 16, 2014, 08:07:26 pm »
Obama Will Ignore Sunday's Referendum in Crimea

|
 Rip Curl |

President Obama will ignore Sunday's referendum in Crimea, regardless of whether the former Soviet territory votes to leave Ukraine and join Russia.

White House Senior Adviser Dan Pfeiffer said Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press" that America won't go along with any new borders.

"The United States is not going to recognize the results of that referendum," Pfeiffer said, adding that the U.S. is supporting the Ukrainian government "in every way possible."

Meanwhile, the Obama administration is preparing sanctions against Russia if President Vladimir Putin doesn't stand down.

"President Putin has a choice about what he's going to do here. Is he going to continue to further isolate himself, further hurt his economy, further diminish Russian influence in the world, or is he going to do the right thing?" Pfeiffer said.

The Obama adviser also said Congress should get involved. "We’re calling on them right now to pass economic aid to Ukraine."

Some lawmakers appear ready to do just that.

"President Putin has started a game of Russian roulette and I think the United States and the West have to be very clear in their response because he will calculate about how far he can go," said Sen. Robert Menendez, the Democratic chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, who appeared on Fox News Sunday.

Committee ranking Republican Sen. Bob Corker of Tennessee. Corker said the the next few weeks will be a "defining moment" for how the West deals with Russia.

"Putin will continue to do this. He did it in Georgia a few years ago. He's moved into Crimea and he will move into other places unless we show that long-term resolve," he said.

Democratic Sen. Chris Murphy, who just returned from Ukraine, said Sunday's vote is a "sham referendum." And he warned that things will get ugly if Russia continues its aggressive stance.

"If Russia really does decide to move beyond Crimea it's going to be bloody and the fight may be long," he said on ABC's "This Week."

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/obama-will-ignore-sundays-referendum-crimea
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 08:08:02 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Re: Obama will ignore Sunday's referendum in Crimea
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 08:51:29 pm »
I'm sure Putin is really worried about what Obama is going to do.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 09:45:15 pm »
Pfeiffer said, adding that the U.S. is supporting the Ukrainian government "in every way possible."
What government?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 09:47:22 pm »
that ship sailed long ago

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 10:19:20 pm »
Obama can ignore it, but I guarantee you the Crimeans and the Russians aren't.  There is nothing Ukraine or anyone else is going to do to prevent this.

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 11:16:40 pm »
Obama is very adept at ignoring things. He ignores the Constitutional limits placed on the Executive branch, daily. He ignores whatever laws that he chooses to ignore, daily. He ignores the fact the the majority of Americans do not support his agenda.

I think that it's about time that we start ignoring him and his Regime, right out of OUR White House.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 11:17:26 pm by Howie66 »
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 01:36:43 am »
[[ Obama Will Ignore Sunday's Referendum in Crimea ]]

To paraphrase Ayn Rand:
One can "ignore" reality, but one cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality...

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 01:53:24 am »
Ukraine is toast.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/