Author Topic:  (Read 323 times)

Offline Once-Ler

• How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Trump
« on: March 16, 2014, 02:09:21 PM »
"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."  -  President Donald J Trump

Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!.....
...They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own - brought in by parents at young age. Plus BIG border security
       Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 5:35 AM - Sep 14, 2017

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 02:13:01 PM »
Well, there's a minute or two of my life I'll never get back.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline Once-Ler

• How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Trump
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 03:00:45 PM »
Well, there's a minute or two of my life I'll never get back.
Yeah, sorry about that.  I don't know why the Slimes didn't just call Ryan a racist like they usually do.
"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."  -  President Donald J Trump

Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!.....
...They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own - brought in by parents at young age. Plus BIG border security
       Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 5:35 AM - Sep 14, 2017

Online truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 03:34:16 PM »
There was famine alright. But it was not limited to Ireland.

The potato had been discovered in Peru, taken back to Europe, and allowed for rapid increases in population.

In Sweden, the famine and resulting desperation was not caused by the British, but rather on failed harvests. The result was for 25% of the population to emigrated to North America.

Irish victimhood; they were once called "the ni**ers of Europe." In North America the famine Irish, mainly poor and Catholic, gave rise to the term "Scots-Irish" to differentiate their Protestant counterparts who came to North America 100 years earlier.

They claimed they were Scots-Irish so as to not be lumped in with the desparate dirty illiterate famine lot.

As for Sweden, the loss of 1/4 of their population stimulated rethinking the nature of their society, and the movement to become a modern, democratic nation, and of course their welfare statism.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 03:49:52 PM »

As for Sweden, the loss of 1/4 of their population stimulated rethinking the nature of their society, and the movement to become a modern, democratic nation, and of course their welfare statism.

which I believe they are rethinking again now.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf