Author Topic: AL to outlaw bestiality, but it's still legal to rape a sheep in 13 states  (Read 968 times)

rangerrebew

AL to outlaw bestiality, but it’s still legal to rape a sheep in 13 states

By Johnny Kampis  /   March 14, 2014  /   42 Comments

BESTIALITY: If bestiality is outlawed in Alabama, there will still be 13 states — plus the District of Columbia — that have no such laws on the books, representing a wide swath of the United States.

By Johnny Kampis | Watchdog.org

CULLMAN, Ala. — The Alabama Legislature is on track to pass a law this session outlawing bestiality in the state.

Your turn, Jersey.

The Alabama Senate quickly voted for Senate Bill 151, which would outlaw sexual contact with animals, when it came up for debate in January. The legislation is moving through the state House with few concerns it won’t pass and be signed into law by Gov. Robert Bentley.

There’s a regionally infused joke in there somewhere — and it’s not hard to find.

OFF LIMITS: Alabama will outlaw bestiality this legislative session, but the practice hasn’t been made illegal in a quarter of the United States.

What’s not so funny: If bestiality is outlawed in Alabama, there will still be 13 states — plus the District of Columbia — that have no such laws on the books, representing a wide swath of the United States. Those states include Hawaii, New Mexico, Texas, Wyoming, Montana, Nevada, Ohio, Kentucky, Virginia, West Virginia, New Jersey, Vermont and New Hampshire.

The Alabama bill, sponsored by Sen. Tom Whatley, R-Auburn, would make bestiality a misdemeanor punishable by up to a year in jail. It would exempt acceptable veterinarian and animal husbandry practices.

Whatley’s office didn’t return a call from Watchdog.org on Thursday seeking comment.

Bestiality — also known as zoophilia, for you keeping track at home — is a felony in 16 states, including Alabama’s neighbors Mississippi, Tennessee and Georgia.

Scott Heiser, an attorney with the Animal Legal Defense Fund, a California-based organization that fights to protect animals through the legal system, said the lack of bestiality laws in states without them is due more to a lack of awareness than a lack of desire.

“I can’t imagine that there are (legislators) out there who say as a policy we should be engaging in sexual acts with animals,” he told Watchdog.org.

Heiser said it often takes a high-profile case, highlighted by the news media, to bring the issue to people’s attention. There may also be some confusion on what’s covered under existing laws. Engaging in bestiality without actually injuring the animal may not be punishable, for example.

“I think a lot of lawmakers think their animal cruelty laws cover this act, but in some states that’s not the case,” Heiser said.

http://watchdog.org/132541/al-outlaw-bestiality-still-legal-rape-sheep-13-states/
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 04:58:17 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Anthony Kennedy is not pleased.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Oceander

who cares?  if you do, why do you care?  don't we have better things to worry about?

rangerrebew

This is good news for muslims.

Offline Rapunzel

who cares?  if you do, why do you care?  don't we have better things to worry about?

You think it is okay for a man to have sex with an animal?
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
If my memory serves me correctly, the Obama Regime lifted the military ban on Sodomy and Bestiality several months ago. I reckon that was to appease the Homos and the Muzzie Infiltrators in our military.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline olde north church

“Hey old timer, why the long face?”
The old man looks at him and points out the window, “See that dock out there? I built that dock with my own two hands, plank by plank, nail by nail, but do they call me Simon the dockbuilder? No,no."
The old man continued, “And see that ship out there? I ’ve been fishing these waters for going on thirty-five years! but do they call me Simon the fisherman? No,no. ”
The old man starts to cry again, “But you have sex with one goat … ”

And in 37 states it's legal to marry your first cousin.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
If my memory serves me correctly, the Obama Regime lifted the military ban on Sodomy and Bestiality several months ago. I reckon that was to appease the Homos and the Muzzie Infiltrators in our military.

BINGO!  You win a Kewpie doll!

You're correct, and Chuckie Hagel is the useful idiot that is implementing all of these policies for Obammy.  The next step will be converting all the Enlisted Clubs over to "Down Low Club" franchises on the remaining military bases....

:smokin:

Oceander

You think it is okay for a man to have sex with an animal?

How is that relevant to whether it should be made illegal?  I don't think anyone should have anything to do with liberals, progressives, or democrats, but I don't think doing so should be illegal.  Do you?

Offline PzLdr

Anthony Kennedy is not pleased.

Neither are most of the male Kennedys of Hyannis
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Rapunzel

How is that relevant to whether it should be made illegal?  I don't think anyone should have anything to do with liberals, progressives, or democrats, but I don't think doing so should be illegal.  Do you?

At least you can ask a liberal if they enjoy getting screwed, a dog, sheep or goat can't speak for itself... so yes, I think animals need protected from human scum.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776