Author Topic: Air Force cadet forced to remove Bible verse from personal whiteboard  (Read 455 times)

rangerrebew

Air Force Cadet Forced to Remove Bible Verse from Personal Whiteboard

By Onan Coca   / 14 March 2014   / 4 Comments   

Mikey Weinstein, director of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation, is a douche.

Okay, maybe that’s a bit harsh. I apologize to all other douches out there… you are not as messed up and nanny-statish as Mikey Weinstein. Mikey is worse than all of you.

An Air Force Academy cadet wrote the following on his personal whiteboard, "I have been crucified with Christ therefore I no longer live, but Christ lives in me." So, of course, Mikey had to complain to the Air Force Academy that "It clearly elevated one religious faith (fundamentalist Christianity) over all others at an already virulently hyper-fundamentalist Christian institution," he said. "It massively poured fundamentalist Christian gasoline on an already raging out-of-control conflagration of fundamentalist Christian tyranny, exceptionalism and supremacy at USAFA." Wow. I think little Mikey may be harboring some ill will towards Christianity.

The truth of the matter is that no Christian would have complained had a Jewish or Muslim cadet placed a verse from their religious scriptures on their whiteboards. See, these whiteboards are for BOTH official and personal use. It sounds like the word “personal” should include things that one may find personal – such as their religious beliefs.

Retired General Jerry Boykin was angry when he heard the Air Force Academy had forced the cadet to remove the verse from his board.

AFA"Once the academy allowed cadets to use these whiteboards for their personal use, censorship of religious commentary is unacceptable. Either the Air Force Academy is very confused about the Constitution of the United States or they don't really believe in the liberties that are provided by that document. In essence, what they are doing is preparing young men and women to defend the Constitution while at the same time depriving these cadets of their own constitutional liberties.”

Michael Berry, a lawyer who specializes in religious liberty cases, agreed with General Boykin. "If the cadet didn't violate any rules, then why was the quote removed? It appears that the Air Force now believes Bible verses are now a violation of AFI 1-1."

I can tell you why the Air Force had the student remove the verse even though he’d done nothing wrong… because whiny, complaining nanny state fascists like Mikey Weinstein will annoy them into submission.

I’m only going to say this once folks – your desire not to be offended stops short of my RIGHT to practice my religion freely. As long as I am not hurting you (and I mean actually hurting you – not pseudo-psychobabble “hurting” your emotional well-being) I should be able to practice my beliefs freely… even if that means I write down a Bible verse on a whiteboard.

Can we really pretend that this is still the land of the free and the home of the brave when we allow our government to infringe on our most basic liberties? I don’t think we can…

Read more at http://eaglerising.com/5145/air-force-cadet-forced-remove-bible-verse-personal-whiteboard/#d5AlB8Y5eSZcpJP7.99
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 11:24:11 am by rangerrebew »